Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Survive Health Anxiety!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How To Survive Health Anxiety!

Read it for the 1st time today. Really good post and makes sense. The bit about trusting your doctor is the important one for me.

Thank you. What a helpful, sensible, reassuring post! Some fab wisdom here! Much better than dr google

thanks for this helpful reading....
    1st step for me docs on friday- 3rd time lucky i hope xx

You're all welcome! Thanks for reading this, I'm really glad so many of you have found it helpful!

stressedmamof3 - I hope your doctors appointment went well! Well done for plucking up the courage to go again, I know it's hard. x

Gosh everything you said is so true. Logic appears out the window though.
    I do now accept I will not be free, but learn to live with it and in the main feel in control. Great post

Thanks so much for this post. I am going through a bout of Health anxiety right now and it really helps to see people have made it through.

Thank you poker face xxxxx

You're both welcome, glad you found it helpful, thanks for reading xx

I have just read your post - thank you for that, it is so true and helpful.
    I have spent all day today thinking I am on the verge of a heart attack. mainly because my left arm is a bit achey, and my chest feels full (but I do have a bit of a cold). No real pain but it's like I'm expecting something to happen - I don't seem to be able to deal with negative thoughts.
    I have made a decision to eat better and try to exercise (I have high BP so it might help that as well).
    My demons are the thoughts that constantly go round in my head about my heart, I constantly check my pulse, but I have no idea what I'm doing so it doesn't mean a thing, just my heart is beating steadily. I cannot rid myself of these obsessive thoughts. I also suffer with a bit of OCD as well.
    I am really going to try and rid myself of this horrible thing hanging over me.

Sorry to hear that Pansy. I was an obsessive pulse checker too, still do it occasionally when I feel panicky! It does get better though.

I know the feeling of being on the verge of a "heart attack" , I was always on the verge of a panic attack though! The negative thoughts are extremely hard to shake and feed the panic, it requires a lot of will power and concentration to move on from them! I still find it hard sometimes now!

Good luck with the exercise and eating right, really hope you feel better soon xx

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information