Page 755 of 756 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756 LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 7551

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Can they adjust them for you, or maybe you need different lenses (like a bifocal lens)? It's so frustrating to have glasses that aren't helpful and make vision worse.

I can't wear glasses, though I have backup pairs. I much prefer my vision in contacts and find when I wear my glasses I have to wear them for awhile to get rid of the dizzy/unsteady feeling. It's amazing how much different it is.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I would definitely go back and tell them the problems you're having. Are they meant to be just for distance? I've got three different prescription in two different pairs of glasses. Work ones; close up and computer, home: close up and distance. The work ones aren't great for walking around in.

They are for distance catkins. I'm a - 1.00 in one eye and - 2.00 in the other. Something like that.
    With these glasses walking in them definitely not great. Might be OK if I just look straight ahead all the time, but who does that.

Poppy, I could ask them what to do I suppose but I have heard them say "you've just got to get used to them". What? Closeup blurred vision?

I must ask my youngest how he copes for you. He wears distance glasses, has done all his life and he never complains of blurry close up.
    Although he wears contacts but it’s the same principal.

Ive never understood how this works. If they make a pair of glasses for close up stuff, then it’s going to be blurry for distance because the focus is all wrong. Same in reverse….if they are made for distance then surely close up will be blurred. It does confuse me. But I don’t see how you can get used to them for close up when the focus is aimed at distance

Ghost…Spillways

I totally agree with you darksky. It just doesn't make sense to me at all.
    The thing is I can see for driving, obviously. I can see when I walk. I've got great close-up sight so I don't know why I have glasses anyway. Yeah, it's not as clear as if I were a twenty year old but generally my sight is pretty good.
    Remember I went there to check on the health of my eyes and he convinced me to have glasses to eliminate the migraines and optical auras.

So I've now got to unpack all the winter clothes and pack the summer clothes because our move is delayed even further. Sigh. At this rate we'll be lucky to get in by October. Maybe I should leave the Christmas decorations out, lol, you have to laugh. I wasn't laughing yesterday, I was sobbing. The Estate Agent asked if I wanted to go round to the property again to do some measuring up and I said "No, I'm fed up with it already and can't be bothered". The thought of Mr C grabbing the seller by the neck did cross my mind. But now I'm thinking I might have been hasty and should have said "yes". I don't know, I'm so confused, don't know whether I'm coming or going. Given a choice, I'm more inclined to stay in bed and someone can move me when it's time to go.

I think my attitude would have been the same as yours. Sod it, why do I want to go round to a house that is so near and yet seemingly so far away.

What exactly is wrong with this seller? Has she not found place to move to?

Ghost…Spillways

Oh yes, and it's vacant possession.

So basically there is no chain, so it’s either her or her solicitor taking the mick. I would be feeling just like you, alternating between despair and fury.

Ghost…Spillways

You've got good eyes, Carnation. My good eye is a -1.5 and I can see pretty well out of it. My bad eye is -4.5; my eye doctors have in the past made a joke about if I had a lazy eye as a child. I did not, I'm not sure why there is such a difference in the two, lol.

I agree you can probably get on without glasses. Hopefully this frustrating mess with the move will get resolved and that will improve the auras by a lot.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 755 of 756 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756 LastLast

Thread Information