Thread: Why wont i get a referral

Why wont i get a referral

Hey everyone, currently going through the hardest phase of my ha possible, panic attacks everyday, unable to function, unable to look after my family, crying all day, unable to work.
    It all started a month ago when I got some rectal discomfort and one time whiping gave me bright blood little streaks, went to the doctor who had a feel and told me I had huge internal hemorrhoids, started the medication and the pain subsided, the problem is during that time I googled, and went down the rabbit hole, I’m experiencing constipation, abdominal pain and an immense pressure on my bottom which makes me feel like I have to have a bowel movement but nothing comes out, what’s worrying me most is this immense pressure and some yellow mucus when wiping after nr 2, meanwhile I went to 2 doctors who won’t refer me to a colonoscopy, one of them asked for a abdominal and pelvic ultrasound and the other just wanted me to take meds for my constipation, meanwhile I can’t get on with my life, I feel like I need this colonoscopy because by now I’m 100% convinced I’ve got the c word, I’m 27 year old female and my great-grandmother passed from it at 70 yo, she had very questionable health habits, she ate tremendous amounts of fat and red meat, smoked and drank alcohol a lot, so I’m not sure if she got it from bad habits or genetic causes, I’m panicking so bad right now, can’t even look at my stools or toilet paper anymore as I’m scared I’ll see confirmation of something.

Re: Why wont i get a referral

May I add that I feel pressure sometimes on my lady bits too, like achy or if it is all swollen in my rectum and vagina

So you’ve explained all your symptoms to two doctors and they won’t refer you. Why do you think that is? Because they know what’s wrong and it’s not cancer.

I don’t think there’s much more we can say on here, I’ve already told you’ve I’ve been there with the same symptoms and I was fine. You’re fine. What you need to be asking for is anxiety medication, you need to find a therapist and go from there.

You’re so scared of losing your life but this is no life. You need to tackle the anxiety you have and not the cancer you don’t.

I say this with all sympathy honestly but your road to recovery begins by getting your anxiety sorted not here x

But what about this pressure in my rectal area? It’s been here for days now and I just can’t wrap my head around it anymore

That’s a classic symptom of haemorrhoids

The doctor has told you, that you have huge internal haemorrhoids. There’s your answer. You have to conquer your anxiety which is the real villain here.

Ghost…Spillways

I know, it’s just I have so many questions, internal hemorrhoids are much harder do rationalize because I can’t see them, and then when I googled anal pressure or fullness I saw horror stories about this symptom but when I look at internal hemorrhoids it says it doesn’t usually show symptoms, that’s where I panic

I made an appointment for a psychiatrist and psychologist for the first time, but I can’t feel relief as I think I’ll be treating anxiety while ignoring a very serious disease

Yep. That’s classic health anxiety for you. You’re doing the right thing I promise

Im at the er right now, finally a comprehensive doctor that will send me to do bloodwork and a ct scan, happy to finally be listened but terrified of the results

Thread Information