Thread: Anyone else feel exhausted after waking up?

Anyone else feel exhausted after waking up?

Hi, I notice i'm always very tired after waking up in the morning, it lasts for many hours, often the whole morning and afternoon. I just feel exhausted and cloudy until the beginning of the evening, then i finally feel more clear and have energy, just feel alot better. I wish i could always feel the way i feel in the evening. I always feel way better before going to sleep than i do after waking up. If i snooze and sleep for a bit longer after waking up it seems to makes it worse. I don't have trouble falling asleep and usually get 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Does anyone else have this and what could cause it?

I'm 35. I thought it might be sleep apnea, but i sleep alone so i don't know how i could find out if it is? It's easy for me to think 'it's just anxiety' but i feel like this tiredness is actually causing alot of my anxiety, because going anywhere when im exhausted makes me feel anxious. If i felt more clear and had energy i could deal with anxiety better.

Re: Anyone else feel exhausted after waking up?

This sounds like “sleep inertia” (a totally benign condition) which can be exacerbate by a thing called “delayed sleep phase disorder” (another benign condition)

I believe I suffer from both. The only ‘cure’ I’ve found is no alcohol and good sleep hygiene. You can read about both conditions online - they won’t trigger your anxiety as they’re both 100% benign.

Worrying about Brain Tumours since 2012!

I'll look that up now, thank you! I noticed today too, from waking up (8AM) till just now (2PM) starting to feel a bit more awake and some energy now. But the first 6 hours after waking i just felt so sleepy. Probably going to be a few more hours till i feel 'fully awake'. So weird.

I don't think it's normal for it to take 6 hours or more for the fog from sleep to be lifted?

I get this. I normally feel rubbish in the morning and still tired in the afternoon.

Thread Information