Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trying To Get By Day To Day While Living With Anxiety.

Re: Trying To Get By Day To Day While Living With Anxiety.

Wow, that's impressive PK.
    I used to have a bookshop and I had many more books than I have now, lol.
    I have a good amount of wellbeing books which will come as no surprise. I have 3 on Claire Weekes. Louise L Hay. Eckhart Tolle. The Dali Lama. I'm a big fan of Paulo Coelho. To mention a few.
    I like biographies, classics, books of interest. Cookery books. Music books. Crystals and gems. Yoga.
    Do you have the book called The Secret PK, I'd be surprised if you didn't.
    Anyway, a few years ago I bought a bookcase. It's a huge piece of furniture with glass doors.

Actually Carn I do not have The Secret, I read it a long time ago and have been meaning to buy it. Oh wow Carn that was always my dream to own a bookshop, I haven't read Claire Weekes, I'll have to look her up, Your bookcase sounds lovely, I have two Ikea ones that we just bought and when I get enough books sorted to make room I can get a couple more. I actually have withdraws if I don't read for more than two days, lol I am totally a book addict. What is your favorite biography, I have the Diary of Anne Frank, not the one that people know but the full unedited diary, called the Critical Edition, it cost me a pretty penny but it was worth it, it was published after her dad's death, he heavily edited her diary and wouldn't allow a lot of it be made public, he removed references that she wrote about hating her mom and the fights they would have, her exploring her own sexuality and becoming a woman and other things..

Can't say I have a favourite PK. Not one in particular jumps out at me. If it wasn't for all the books being packed in boxes I could have had a peruse and list some, lol.
    I did find David Suchet's book interesting and their was one by one of the Titanic survivors.
    That's interesting about Anne Frank, I didn't know that.

I totally get it Carn, I have stacks of books on my floor that would take me awhile to sort through for one book, oh yes if you can get a copy of Anne's full diary I would recommend it, so much was left out, I was so excited to finally get the second shelf put together, we had no issues up until it was time to put the back paneling on and hubby was moving around it to step over it to finish hammering the back on , he stepped down onto the little support board that is along the bottom and cracked it. It's particle board so yeah not really fixable. My heart kind of broke because I have been wanting nice bookshelves for awhile, the first one we put together has a gouge in the side due to a dow rod going through it,he did order a new one that will be here on the 25th, it's like the universe does not want me to have nice things, our nice dining room table we bought from Saunder, has a crack in the lower side, it came like that and we didn't notice it as we were putting it together and sadly it could not be returned, I had a nice coffee table, hubby tripped one day and landed on it and broke so now I am using a camping table as a coffee table, he dropped something on the corner of our tv stand and broke it, we finally got that replaced, then we were putting our dresser together and couldn't get one of the small drawer rods in, hubby goes we don't really need it, I said yes we do, he argued with me, and I finally gave up fighting with him, he goes to put the drawers in the last two and the both go inward, I am looking at him with my arms folded giving him the look like see told you, so we have a dresser that has two drawers that can't be used, so yeah I am starting not to expect to have nice things anymore...I know it's my critical inner voice, but when you have that many things happen to your stuff it's like yeah okay lower the standards.

Nooo, it's not about you not having nice things...
    You just happen to be married to a Frank Spencer.
    I am too.
    I bought a new garden parasol and Mr C screwed the pole too tight and cracked the wood.
    The TV unit he put together, the doors don't shut properly and I had to use blue tack to stop them constantly swinging open.
    We had a door handle that would get stuck. He fixed it up fixing it upside down.
    So many things PK, so I try to do any maintenance myself. He knows he's this way and we do call him Frank Spencer, and he trips over things all the time. lol. Still love him to bits though.

Lol....What are you two like....

Between you, you’d could make a great sitcom.....

You could do a reality TV show, When DIY goes wrong, staring PK and Carnations other halves....
    It would be worth paying the TV licence to watch that....lol....

Lol, that's a great idea for a TV series YNWA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information