Thread: Scared after head injury. Desperate for reassurance..

Scared after head injury. Desperate for reassurance..

Hi everyone,

Two days ago I hit my head - it was the most ridiculous reason - I was sitting in a chair and bent down to pick up my 2 year old. As I swung her up the back of my head smacked against the wall. I began to feel sick and very tired. I needed to do the school run and managed it ok but needed to take painkillers for my headache. For the past two nights I have needed to go to bed early as I’ve just felt so tired.

I still had nausea when I woke up yesterday morning, although it comes and goes. I went to the Minor Injuries unit where they checked me over and did some basic tests. Said I have some symptoms of mild concussion based on how I’d been feeling. They gave me the head injury leaflet which is reassuring in that it says mild headache, nausea etc is normal and not to worry.

Of course being a worrier though, that’s exactly what I’m doing. I’m questioning every little niggle I get in case it’s a sign of something worse. I’ve googled far too much and I’m scared I’ll have something awful that just hasn’t shown itself immediately 😭

My symptoms aren’t worse and although I’m tired and brain foggy, the nausea at least isn’t constant at all and does come and go.

Anyone who happens to be around and reading this - I could do with a handhold!

Thank you x

Re: Scared after head injury. Desperate for reassurance..

Sending support. A lot of the nausea, fatigue and brain fog could also be the result of your anxiety.

Thread Information