Thread: Acupuncture any thoughts?

Acupuncture any thoughts?

Hi I’ve got a fairly well documented diagnosis of health anxiety I move posted numerous things on here asking for help and advice from 2012 and here I am still feeling awful I’ve had numerous medications cbt counselling eft you name it I’ve had it my husband is desperate for me to try acupuncture as he had some for a health h issue and it worked really well for him any experiences or views would be appreciated I’m willing to try it but feel like I’m just clutching at straws I an though at the end of my tether with it all tia

Re: Acupuncture any thoughts?

It’s not my cup of tea, but I have a friend that swears by it. Worth a shot, I think. The bad thing with anxiety is that there often isn’t a clear cut path forward as we are all humans and have different backgrounds and needs (I heard a podcaster describe behavioral science as having “physics envy,” which I liked and made a lot of sense). So it may well be a matter of trying different things with an open mind and see what works for you.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I’ve spoke to a lady who does it and am seeing her on Saturday I feel like I’m clutching at straws but nothing else is working so I’ll give it a go xxx

I can attest that acupuncture was beneficial for me in my recovery from cancer and the side effects. I have neuropathy from chemo and the side effects are painful and distracting. I went for weekly treatments for around 9 months and it really helped. If insurance would cover it, I would still be getting treatments.

I don't know how it would work with mental illnesses but for my physical symptoms, it was effective.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes I’ve heard lots of positive things about it helping with physical health not so much around mental health got my second session tomorrow

Thread Information