Thread: Going back on Lyrica next week

Going back on Lyrica next week

For the last few months I have been taking SSRI lexapro 5mg. I didn’t go to 10mg because my libido would have vanished.

Currently I’m extremely tired, especially walking up stairs at work very exhausting on my legs.
    I notice too my empathy is gone and I don’t really reply to people properly when talking, I only answer with yes and no answers.

So it’s now time to leave SSRIs and go back on Lyrica.
    I took Lyrica back in 2021.
    Is there anyone here still taking this medication?
    Would like to hear success stories please

Re: Going back on Lyrica next week

Quote Originally Posted by irishman7 View Post
    For the last few months I have been taking SSRI lexapro 5mg. I didn't go to 10mg because my libido would have vanished.

Currently I'm extremely tired, especially walking up stairs at work very exhausting on my legs.
    I notice too my empathy is gone and I don't really reply to people properly when talking, I only answer with yes and no answers.
    The initial side-effects are not reliable indicators of ongoing side-effects, if any.

A switch to citalopram (Celexa) might make a difference. Citalopram is made up of two isomers, the 'S' form of citalopram, which is the active component, and a 'R' mirror image form which is a poorer fit biologically and so is mostly inactive. Lexapro (escitalopram) is more refined and only contains the 'S' isomer. The small difference in their chemistry can produce differences in the side-effects experienced.

I took Lyrica back in 2021.
    For anxiety? If so, was it effective?

Hi PDU!
    Not going to lie but I can't really remember when I was last on Lyrica how I was

Have you ever taken it? wondering about the bloating aspects, is that in the belly? will I look bigger after a while or is that only in the feet and legs

Can this be taken long term for anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by irishman7 View Post
    Have you ever taken it? wondering about the bloating aspects, is that in the belly? will I look bigger after a while or is that only in the feet and legs
    No, I haven't taken it. Bloating and peripheral edema, the swelling of arms and legs are among the potential long-term sides effects, but not everyone experiences them.

Can this be taken long term for anxiety?
    Pregabalin has most of the same potential issues as the benzodiazepines (BZDs) including the development of tolerance. The only advantage it has over BZDs is that it doesn't worsen hippocampal atrophy which is the physical malfunction that manifests anxiety and/or depression.

I think it's best used as a bridging med to ease anxiety until stabilized on an effective AD, or while in therapy, not a first-line treatment.

Thread Information