Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never ending heavy bleeding

Unhappy Never ending heavy bleeding

Anyone else gets very heavy periods? I am feeling really hopeless and panicked and could really do with some support. I am on Cerazette (pop) and most people get their flow reduced with it, but I get periods every 6-8 weeks lasting couple of weeks. Most months is not too bad, some heavier days and other lighter. But I randomly have some months where heavier is not the word. It starts pretty light for a week or so, and then it's like you open the flood gates. And if it was a day, fine. But sometime it is days...It is day 4 today and I am scared to even move or stuff just starts gushing out. Seeing and feeling bug clots is the worst! It makes me freeze in panic. I need to do the school run this morning 😞
    I had several ultrasounds before and they never found anything. But they haven't done it while I was bleeding to show whether the flow is due to thicker lining forming. They offered me another hormone pill last time I had this bad, that should stop bleeding, but the way I seem to react to hormones, I am too scared to take it and have the opposite effect! Plus it has side effects that are my health anxiety obessession in a way.
    I get these fears that I will pass out, that I will bleed out etc...and just want to curl up on the sofa and not move...

Re: Never ending heavy bleeding

You poor thing. It sounds like you are being well investigated and that noone is worried about anything sinister- but what a horrid thing to go through every month.

Thank you for you message Jojo. Even if you haven't experienced it, but just reaching out means a lot too.
    It has only been this bad/long a few times, usually the heavy flow settles after a day or two. And I honestly feel like it will never end, how much more blood can come out and I would still be OK! I feel like every move is making it gush...

Have you considered getting the Mirena coil fitted?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola, thank you! I have considered it, but it uses the same hormone that I am taking right now and there is a higher chance that it could actually make it even worse, even though for most it would work great. And a thought of foreign body inside is just too much.
    I feel so sick and use the biggest pads I can find and it is soaking every couple of hours. I just don't feel like it will ever stop and don't know what to do...

I ended up in a&e last week because I was terrified of the bleeding. They did nothing much apart from confirmed I was not pregnant. I was told that it isn't unusual to start having heavy bleeds and random bleeds after certain age, but I don't know anyone experiencing it, so I am finding it hard to believe that. Things calmed down a bit, but fast forward a week and it seems to be bleeding more again. I am supposed to have an US and bloods tomorrow and I am absolutely frozen in panic, both because the bleeding is increased again and clots are back, and because I am terrified what tests are going to show.

Hi I’m in similar situation with the bleeding I take comfort its common make sure they test ur iron levels and keep us posted x

Hi, it's the voice of experience here! I had the exact same symptoms when I was deep into peri/menopause. I had the US which showed thickened lining. The bleeding and clots were so heavy and I was petrified. My sister had previously gone through the same thing and she reassured me that it passes and is normal. Hard to believe that was "normal" but she was right. It took awhile, but eventually the bleeding started lessening and then stopped altogether. Hang in there, it is uncomfortable and scary but it does go away.

Faith, this is such a relief to hear! I'm 47 and terrified of my own periods.

Hi Faith, I’m having exactly this. I’ve also just had a scan and radiologist said my lining was thick and worried me sick! I’m surprised since I’ve been bleeding for 10 days! I’m all over the place. Was your thickening because of hyperplasia or just hormones? I’m convinced I’ve got something serious x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information