Thread: Thickened womb - crippling anxiety

Thickened womb - crippling anxiety

Good morning,

I’m nearly 46. Periods have been irregular for last 2-3 years, this was following an ultrasound and hysteroscopy that were both normal. Fast forward and the last few weeks I’ve been bleeding heavily for three weeks, then I get spotting and then back to heavy bleeding again.

So I saw gynaecologist and she said most likely peri. Had a scan yesterday and the scan lady was very unfriendly but has worried me to death saying my uterus was thick. I’m now absolutely beside myself. I’ve had to take time off work. I can’t breathe properly, can’t eat, am having panics. I just can’t think of anything but worst case scenario.

Please help. How do you cope when like this? I would rather be dead than suffer like this.

Tia

Re: Thickened womb - crippling anxiety

Tia, I'm so sorry. Please remember this could be absolutely anything including a host of innocent things.

Take it ten minutes at a time, try to eat and sleep as best you can and remember that not knowing is the hardest part.

When is your next appointment?

It’s next week but I’ve emailed the consultant’s secretary to see if if can talk
    To her sooner. It’s just the scan lady was so scary, she’s frightened me.

Thickened lining - crippled

Thickened womb - crippling anxiety
    Good morning,

I’m nearly 46. Periods have been irregular for last 2-3 years, this was following an ultrasound and hysteroscopy that were both normal. Fast forward and the last few weeks I’ve been bleeding heavily for three weeks, then I get spotting and then back to heavy bleeding again.

So I saw gynaecologist and she said most likely peri. Had a scan yesterday and the scan lady was very unfriendly but has worried me to death saying my uterus was thick. I’m now absolutely beside myself. I’ve had to take time off work. I can’t breathe properly, can’t eat, am having panics. I just can’t think of anything but worst case scenario.

Please help. How do you cope when like this? I would rather be dead than suffer like this.

Re: Thickened lining - crippled

Hi
    I’m similar situation bleeding for 3 weeks . I have had thickening in the past had a baby since and other scan and it never can up . I’ve been booked in for scan as well as blood test. Just to rule out the scary stuff as well. I think if like me you are bleeding for 3 weeks it’s understandable that it may be thick because normally in a cycle the uterus will thicken to make nice and comfy for babies to grow in but we are coming to they ages are hormones will struggle to do what they are supposed to do. At moment I just wish the bleeding would stop . And trying to keep calm and not let heath anxiety take over . When looking online I’ve seen a lot of women in our situation I think it’s very common for perimenopause they just don’t talk about it . Keep me posted on your results . Hope they went well and you are ok xx

Re: Thickened lining - crippled

Sorry to hear you are having the same. It’s just relentless with clots too. I can’t help but fear the worst. I just wish I could carry on as normal and not catastrophise everything. I feel like I will have a heart attack the way I’m going! I hope your scan and results are ok too xxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information