PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Daisybun
03-05-06, 08:48
It has taken me a lot of time to get the courage up and join the forum but I felt that I needed support at this time. Woke up this morning and fely grot - heart rate up, stomach doing flips and just thinking I've got to get through another day! I know the things I have to do to get well but at the moment my body seems in overdrive and I can't calm it down. Anyway I know that 'This too will pass' but would just like some friendly voices to know I'm not on my own.
Thanks

hayles
03-05-06, 08:54
You will get through this.
We are all in the same boat.
I have been doing wll for ages, but yesterday
evening I felt all anxious and nervy and just wanted to sleep
so I could ignore, but I got through the evening, and yes today I feel pants, but hey its just another blip
and hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track.

This site is Fab, it makes you feel so reassured....YOUR NOT ALONE!

Chin Up

Hay x

Wenjoy
03-05-06, 09:18
Welcome
This site is fab - I have had anxiety on and off for years and just logging on every day you come to realise that at least a quarter of the people out there have anxiety or stress so dont be afraid - try to live for the moment and not worry about the next day but live in the day you are in at the mo. Sounds a bit irish but it does help. Good luck - Wenjoy

Alexandra
03-05-06, 09:54
Hi Daisybun

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

heths
03-05-06, 11:04
Hi Daisybun,

I can understand how it took alot of time to get the courage up to come on the forum, I was like that before I joined too. Everyone understands and you'll find support on here.

Take Care,

Heather

Daisybun
03-05-06, 11:04
Thanks for the welcome. I have spent most of the morning on this forum just looking and realising that i am not alone. I have good friends who are supportive but they have lives and families of their own and can't be there all the time. It is so frustrating when you have thought you've conquered something and then it comes back again - people expect me to be so capable and a few people are so surprised when they realise i have anxiety, and that I'm not as confident/capable etc. as I seem. I also feel frustrated at myself as i love the life I have and I am very grateful for it - so when something like this starts to raise its head again I just want to scream - this is not me! Does anyone else feel like this? I am feeling a lot calmer now! It has helped me put things into perspective too!

chucklehound
03-05-06, 11:08
Hi Daisy and welcome to the forum!:D

Daisybun
03-05-06, 11:09
Thanks - I'm so pleased I found this

shiv
03-05-06, 12:11
Hi and a big warm welcome to you!

Shiv x

Karen
03-05-06, 15:20
Hi Daisy

Welcome to the forum and you certainly are not alone. I doubt there is a symptom or feeling that someone here has not felt at one time or another.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Have you had any therapy treatment, like CBT for example? You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

marie ross
03-05-06, 16:14
Hi Daisy,

I have the same feelings as you, wake up and instantly think here we go again, another day of feeling anxious and sick. I get frustrated by not being able to do the things i want to do (just going to tescos would be nice at the moment!!!) I know i will get there in the end, and hopefully so will you.

Welcome. Marie XX

Daisybun
03-05-06, 16:48
Thanks. I was doing OK but now I'm panicking again. Symptoms have got worse this afternoon. Thanks for all the words of support

giddy
03-05-06, 17:17
Welcome to the forum Daisybun
Love Helen

trac67
03-05-06, 19:04
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jackie
03-05-06, 19:42
like you said it is great to know you are not alone, and you are not. the things you describe are many of our daily companions

i just know you will get great relief here

take care

jackie

Blue Child
04-05-06, 13:00
Hi Daisy,
Good on you...you have made one really great step forward by coming here. It is a really friendly and supportive site and we all stick together to look after each other. Anxiety is such a huge thing to have to deal with and each day is different, as you don't know how it is going to work. At the end of the day we are here and feel free to come and talk things through...someone here will always be listening.
Take care
Blue

Two heads
04-05-06, 18:36
welcome!You will have all the advice and surport you need hear sweet.xxxxx

feege
04-05-06, 20:10
Hi Daisy

Welcome to the site - there's lots of us here that know just how you feel and you will get loads of advice and support and make friends I'm sure[8D][8D]

Good luck xxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Daisybun
05-05-06, 21:04
Thanks for kind words everyone - I'm so glad i found the courage to join this forum. Not only does it help to reassure you that you are not alone but it also gives you the chance to help others who may be going through what you've been through and to give some encouragement. Feege I love your quote about not going through life thinking bad things will happen - I need to take that on board big time. Thanks a bunch :D
:D :D

carolynw
05-05-06, 23:18
Hi Daisybun

WELCOME!

You'll never be alone again, now you've joined this site!

:D

Love Carolyn x

elizabetty
05-05-06, 23:33
Know just how you feel
You will get lots of support on here.
Welcome

Betty

nomorepanic
06-05-06, 18:10
Hi Daisy

A warm welcome aboard and I hope that now you have had chance to look around you don't feel so alone and realise that we can offer loads of support to you.

Nicola

Daisybun
06-05-06, 21:13
Wow, a really big thank you. I've done so many posts already - bit too chatty really, but I think that is helping me in my healing at the moment.

This too will pass

Piglet
06-05-06, 21:55
A big welcome to you :D

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.