PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is driving me insane

ben_jamzin
08-07-11, 20:34
I know (I hope) that I am not actually going insane...

I went a good 2 weeks feeling a lot better about things, after a long history of feeling anxious, however, when my anxiety comes, it affects me in every area of what I am doing, it takes the tiniest thing to set me off, and before I know it, i'm completely lost, worrying and doubtful that I can go on. I am literally scared of everything, feeling dizzy, confused and alone. I had a short term therapist, but no longer see her... From time to time I feel incredibly helpless, and Im lost as to what it is I despair over. Somebody tell me something positive!

LisaT
08-07-11, 20:39
your not going insane! I've been where you are and guess what I recovered!! it is possible I promise!!! xx

bevwilks
12-07-11, 20:34
Hi Ben. i can completely understand where your coming from, i have suffered with anxiety for the past 12 months or so, when it begun it took me to a very dark place. i wouldn't go out of the house alone totally cut off from my social life and even got to the point where i went to work with my husband eceryday for a good 2 months. i had numerous attacks daily and really felt there was no way forward for me. I was at a point of no return. After seeking help and medication from my doc i have begun to get much better. I am now back at work and have started going out on my own again but not much, i have come along way but still feel i have a long way to go. I'm currently having cbt which is helping but i find once i get anxious like you i loose all focus on life. This is the difficult bit, i find it easy to talk about but very difficult to put into practice. What helped me was to read all about anxiety and panic. i got a book from the library which really helped because it explained all about the brain and how the chemicals work together or against each other. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP GOING.