PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - palpitations worry

jackanory84
29-06-11, 21:27
Hey guys

I've been on Cit for five weeks now (20mg dosage.) Things were hairy for the first two weeks, but settled down for my holiday abroad. No since I've come home, I've been getting palpitations and shakes in my hands. Anyone else experienced it? I'm crying myself to sleep at night with the worry and I just need some reassurance.

Thanks

Lynsey

suzy-sue
30-06-11, 12:03
I had them when I first went on it ,but it did pass .Maybe your dose needs upping a bit !!!,Go and discuss this with the Doc hun .Its common to have a good period and then go back a couple of steps once the dose has settled ...Luv Sue x:hugs:

oldtime
30-06-11, 18:10
The drug is not meant to effect the heart. It is probably increased anxiety due to startup side effects that are triggering palps. I got them alot in the early days on cit.

laura donnelly
05-06-12, 12:01
Hi,
My name is Laura Donnelly, I am the Health Correspondent for the Sunday Telegraph. I am researching a piece about Citalopram and its side effects, especially palpitations. I would be very keen to talk to those of you who have posted about your experiences. I would really appreciate it if you can contact me on 020 7931 3562 so we can arrange a conversation on the phone. Best,
Laura