PDA

View Full Version : a story today has set me off again :o(

lindajane1971
25-05-11, 20:29
Hello Everyone,

As some of you may know i have issues with my heart and also weird sensations that i post about on here, i am so thankful for all the help you guys give me, and i hope i can get some help tonight!

At lunch today i picked up a magazine and was reading through it when i came across a story called "Stress almost cost me my wedding" of course as im stressed a lot i read it - wish i hadnt now as it wasnt really about stress in the end :o(
the woman in it got stressed the week before her wedding - as we all do - and started to feel unwell that night, she woke in the early hours with heart racing, having nausea and feeling dizzy.
Her b/f called an ambulance and the paramedic thought it was a panic attack but when put the ecg on her discovered it was a heart attack, she was taken to hospital and had to have an op to remove a clot and the story went on about her recovery.......
Now im s*** scared :O( i get this quite a lot, waking up, heart racing, feeling sick and lightheaded. I ususaly come on here, leave a post and get some reasurance which has worked till now.
I know that i will REALLY panic the next time this happens to me. What if its not anxiety ive been getting and its the signs of impending doom?!?!?!?! :weep:

ive been getting quite a few ectopics recently plus awful daily heartburn, now im thinking its all tied and it really is the signs of an attack :(

i cant take much more of this - i know i am definately stressed now!!!!!!!

Linda

lindajane1971
25-05-11, 22:03
i know its stupid - but has anyone any thoughts??
L

Brunette
26-05-11, 16:44
Hi lindajane,

Sorry no one else has replied.

If you have not had an ECG at your docs go and get one to reassure yourself. My anxiety always used to focus on my heart so I can understand how you feel.

choccychompa
26-05-11, 18:52
Oh I hate reading stuff like this. It always sends me into a spin :( I get the same as you at nights. It's terrifying. I can't offer any reassurance, other than it's sensationalism. Journalists know just what to write for the maximum impact. Anyone without HA would just read it and forget about it, but we can't get it out of our minds :( xxx

anxious eddy
26-05-11, 18:56
id imagine the article was sensationalized to make it far more than it actually was ,you have to ask yourself if youve had several attacks already wouldnt it be diagonised by now , you need reassurance and some relaxation or even a visit to doctors or nurse to do an ecg they can do that at the surgery now but i think you just need a big hug and to relax

nomorepanic
26-05-11, 19:50
Are you sure it didn't say she had chest pain as well?

lindajane1971
26-05-11, 20:16
thanks so much for the replies xxx

i did have a ecg but that was 18months ago now.
Ive avoided google and things like that for so long now, but i was bored at lunch break and picked up the first mag i saw, so wish i hadnt now :( i cant remember if it said she had chest pain or not during the night, it did say she was in a lot of pain at the hospital but i dont think it mentioned it when it first happened.
My other problem is, that im terrified of going to the doctor these days, im so scared they will give me bad news i avoid going at all costs. I feel like an idiot!!!!

thanks again for the replies xxx