PDA

View Full Version : Constant low BP

Boos Mum
25-05-11, 05:32
I am down to 90/40 or 80/40 most of the time, doc is not taking it serious, I feel awful

Any advice?

paula lynne
25-05-11, 09:37
Hi boos mum, have something salty...really salty crisps are good, or if you can stand it...half a teaspoon of salt in cold or warm water (followed by a mint!).....sodium increases blood pressure.
Paula x

Ps...my mate has this and often gets really dizzy. I made a big batch of salty sweets for her. Get some ready roll icing and mix it up with salt (trial and error, taste as you go along). Add a little mint essance (flavour)....roll them out and cut out into little circles about the size of a 10p. Put in the fridge. Separate into 2 bags, one for your handbag for going out, and some at home out of the reach of any children.

debs71
25-05-11, 12:23
Hi Boos Mum,

I agree with Paula...I have low blood pressure too and I have at least one bag of salty crisps a day just to give it a boost, and it does help I think.

Low BP is so frustrating, as unlike high BP there is little that can be done about it, and I know exactly what you mean about it not being taken very seriously. People tend to tell me 'oh that's good as it means you are healthy'!!

I feel like saying 'no it isn't flaming good as it makes me feel bloody awful', lol.

Take care.x:hugs: