PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety is ruining my life

strength
15-04-11, 00:12
Hi

My anxiety is ruining my life and I am just at my wits end. No matter how hard I try I just don't seem to be able to put a cap on it and I feel so isolated and alone.

The thing is, it's been going on for a year now and my husband just can't take any more. I'm so scared that I'm going to lose him as I love him so much, I just don't know what to do anymore.

I've been to counsellors, I've been assessed for CBT but they won't even consider putting me on waiting list until June and then I might have to wait another 2 months until a place becomes free. I know a really great private hospital in London that can help with all sort of mental health problems but I don't know if my private insurance will cover it and im pinning all my hopes on this. I'm so scared they are going to say no and then I don't know what I'll do.

I just feel like i'm falling apart and losing everything. Any words of wisdom?

Anxious_gal
15-04-11, 01:10
aw yes the feeling of wanting help with the fear of not getting any help :hugs:
I don't know what to say, I went to my 2nd visit with my psyciatrist, I asked what servies are there avalable you know to help me, she mentioned CBT but the guy doing it is still in training so that could take weeks!!
she also mentioned a Psychologist , and a Occupational Therapist who teaches you skill like cooking and hold walking groups n group activites, i think he might be for the more mentally ill not sure though! she also said theres a social worker. "is concerned with patients and their families offering assessment, education and supportive counselling. The Social Worker provides advice and information regarding community resources, entitlements and money management. "
so I said I want to meet all of those people , she seemed surprised lol
just saying that there might be more support out there , so if you dont ask you don't get.
what do you think will help and is there any way you can get it?
it sucks waiting , :hugs:

strength
15-04-11, 21:51
Thanks mishel. I'm so frustrated. I went to a councillor and I don't think it's had any affect at all unfortunately. The doc referred me for cbt and I had an assessment. They diagnosed me with mild depression and severe anxiety. They then said that as I've just had counselling I gave to wait til June to be out on the waiting list for cbt. It seems crazy that they have diagnosed me, knowing it's affecting my personal life severely and they won't help yet. The system is really letting me down.

Some of the things you mentioned aren't right for me but some might be. I'd thought about cbt, an occupational therapist or even a group of some sort. I guess I need to persevere with the doc more.

Have you seen any of the people you mentioned above?