PDA

View Full Version : Help chestpain and cant breath

anx mum
24-01-11, 12:32
Had awful chest pains this am just been to doc says anxiety finding this so hard to believe plz help so scared:weep:

StephieLane2105
24-01-11, 12:33
Hi there,

Can you explain what the pains are like at all? If you have had them for a while and have seen the Dr, it definitely soun ds like Anxiety.

Steph

anx mum
24-01-11, 12:38
Hi there,

Can you explain what the pains are like at all? If you have had them for a while and have seen the Dr, it definitely soun ds like Anxiety.

Steph

pain in middle of chest like bad ache and breathing like im not getting enough air even tho sats r 98%. Took co codimol pain has eased but breathing started again.

StephieLane2105
24-01-11, 15:46
Hello,

It definitely sounds like anxiety. I know this may sound strange, but whenever I get symptoms like that, it panics me obviously....but the rule I go by is if I'm still breathing and haven't had something serious like a heart attack within say 20mins then it's definitely anxiety. Pains in your chest happen in conjunction with a heart attack say a couple of mins before, and if you're really unable to breath then obviously we would pass out.
There is a logic in there somwhere, although I'm not sure how helpful that is.

If you need to chat you can always PM me!! xx

StephieLane2105
24-01-11, 15:47
Ps, Try a "Nighttime" Pukka tea - you can get them from tesco, they have valerian root in them and it acts as an instant relaxation aid. If you don't have that, try sipping hot squash or something similar.....nothing with caffeine:)xxx

allergyphobia
24-01-11, 15:48
It could be costochondritis?