PDA

View Full Version : Any Thoughts?

matthew
18-01-11, 18:09
Hi, 3 months ago I went to the doctors as I felt like something wasn't quite right with my body whilst I was out running. He did a blood test and it came back that my B12 (cobalamin) levels were high at 2000 when they are meant to be a maximum of 900.

So he said change my diet as I had been eating 5 chicken breasts per day and 5 protein shakes per day for the past 7 years (gym fitness freak) and this should bring my B12 levels back down in time. I had a liver ultrasound and all was fine.

I went back to the doctors yesterday for a follow up blood test and I am hoping that the B12 level will have come down a little due to my diet change.

I now eat carbohydrates which I hardly ever used to eat and loads of veg and fruit. Since my diet change I have been urinating a lot and I mean a lot (upwards of 14 times per day) so I reduced my water intake but I am still urinating everthing I am drinking?

Does anyone know if side effects of new diets are common and if they can last this long? AND would such a dramatic diet change make me urinate a lot?

I am a 27 year old male if this helps

Thank you for your opinions guys

Matt