PDA

View Full Version : 21 7 technique

Megmillan
15-11-10, 14:31
Hi all

Has anyone heard of something called the 21 7 technique? If so, what is it and does it work?

Meg

Nigel
17-11-10, 19:16
Hi Meg,

Doesn’t look like anybody has. Me neither :shrug:

Are you thinking about breathing? There’s something called the 7/11 breathing technique that can help with hyperventilating. It’s basically counting to 7 as you breath in and 11 as you breath out, the idea being that if forces you to breath out more than you breath in, thus rebalancing the oxygen/CO2 levels.

Doesn’t matter exactly about the numbers, just so long as ‘out’ breath is longer than the ‘in’ breath.

Hope this helps :)
Nigel

ladybird64
17-11-10, 19:21
Ah yes..I thought this sounded familiar.

It is a technique used by an organisation that is not advocated here, mainly because they make quite a hefty charge.

Advertising for this organisation (and it's money-grabbing founder :lac:) can be freely found on the internet, just type in the info that you have entered here.

Good luck but be careful not to part with your cash too quickly. :flowers:

Nigel
17-11-10, 19:35
Hi Ladybird,

I’m only guessing that's what the post was about.

I didn’t know it was one of ‘Their’ techniques. Why would people need to part with large sums of money just to learn how to count?? :shrug: :mad:

I read about it ages ago here on NMP, and also here (http://www.panic-attacks.co.uk/). I know they’re also promoting a panic prevention CD, but the free course alone has a lot of helpful information.

Take care,
Nigel