PDA

View Full Version : A bit numbed out

dela
13-03-06, 16:55
Feel a bit numbed out today. over the weekend my wife and i moved house. we were renting and we have bought a small flat. The whole move thing terrified me and we were doing it on our own. I really appreciate my wifes support and help, and her enthusiasm. (Mine is a bit missing at the moment.

The new flat is small but inch by inch we will sort it our as everything is in a bit of a heap. The washing machine was leaking so I'm hoping to fix that tonight.

I am very tired today. we've had to sleep on a matress on the floor as the bed has to be put together. The dog and cat are a bit more in our faces as there's less space. Anyway why am I posting here today.

Well today I feel really numb. I can feel the tingling of anxiety and depression about all that's been happening but it feels really numb.

This numbness is in some ways feels more scary than the anxiety or depression itself. (I did stumble across some posts about "depersonalisation" and "derealisation" neither of which i really understand. I think i soort of scared myself.)

feeling a bit isolated too. would love some feedback. Thanks

clickaway
13-03-06, 17:00
Hi there,

Just the thoughts accompanied with the upheaval of moving are enough to tire anyone out, so I am not surprised to learn how you feel. This anxiety does bring with it an element of depression, although that is usually relatively temporary.

Perhaps, once you are a bit more sorted you'll perk up a bit and begin to see how nice the new flat can be.

Well done for coping so far!

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Piglet
13-03-06, 17:01
Moving, whilst exciting, can also be very stressful - don't expect miracles of yourself for abit, give yourself time and space to adjust.

<center>Good luck in your new home :D:D</center>

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Alexandra
13-03-06, 17:09
Hi Dela

Glad to hear your move to the new place went well & good luck with fixing the washing machine.

Once things settle down it will all get alot easier then.

Be good to yourself & put time aside to rest & relax yourself after your busy weekend.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Dusty
13-03-06, 19:07
Hi Dela

I know what you mean about Numbness. It's not quite anxiety but you know your not "Normal" either (and I use the word Normal very cautiously). I have found over years of experience that the numbness hits me when I'm worn out either physically or emotionally.

I find the best thing to do is just take the day as it comes. Don't make any major plans. Distract myself and keep going - enough to stop me getting anxious but not that I get even more exhausted.

I personally think you are very brave and to have come out the other side of moving house without major anxiety is fantastic. :D[8D]:D Keep focusing on that and take it a day at a time.

Dusty xx

PMT - Proof that God must be a man.

Keitharcher
13-03-06, 19:45
Hi

Its a known fact that moving house is the most stresful thing anyone can undertake. therefore its not suprising you are a little edgy, once the move is out of your system im sure the feelings will pass

Keith

sal
14-03-06, 00:08
Hi Dela

Pleased the move went well. It is an anxious time moving house and we are all her to listen and support you both.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

dela
14-03-06, 09:41
Thank you for your support.

Meg
14-03-06, 16:36
Congratulations on your new home

Take your time settling in . There is no race to get it sorted . Do what you can as you can.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Karen
14-03-06, 20:26
Hi Dela

Moving is very stressful and even more so when you suffer from anxiety.

I moved last year when feeling at one of my lowest points and it took a while for me to unpack and settle in. Take it slowly and do a bit at a time. You will get there in the end.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

nomorepanic
15-03-06, 19:20
Dela

Congratulations on the new home.

Take things slowly and soon it will be like home again and you will start to feel better.

Nicola

sal
15-03-06, 22:48
Hi Dela

Hope it is going well for you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".