PDA

View Full Version : My Dad

Dan21
09-03-06, 12:27
I'm doing my best to keep control of my anxiety and health worries and I find out yesterday that my Dad (stepdad) has a cancerous tumour and will have to undergo surgery.

I feel like I've been hit by a 10 ton truck. Numb but at the same time my mind is freaking out. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

molly15
09-03-06, 12:49
HI DAN SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD .I HOPE THE SURGERY GOES WELL.LIKE EVERYTHING BAD THAT HITS US IN LIFE WE ALWAYS FIND AWAY OF COPING AND YOU WILL.U HAVE TO BE STRONG FOR YOUR DAD AND YOU WILL BE.SOMETIMES WE CAN SURPRISE OURSELVES WAT WE CAN GET THROUGH IN THIS LIFE.GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING. TAKE CARE MARCIAXX

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

darkangel
09-03-06, 12:52
Dan

I am sorry to hear about your dad.

Anyone without anxiety would still feel numb - it is normal.

Take care and I will be thinking of you.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Alexandra
09-03-06, 13:27
Hi Dan

My thoughts are with you hun.

Will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Thinking of you & your family.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Paddington
09-03-06, 14:29
hello,so sorry to hear your bad news.It is scarey but you know they can do wonders these days i should kno i had cancer,and a big op four years ago and all is ok so far,they keep an eye on you trust me!Take each dayas it comes.dont asume the worst or sit there as we tend to imagining the wrst outcome!Humour helps,it really does,Be brave sweetie,if you want to talk about it i am here.love Mary[Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Dan21
09-03-06, 14:49
Thank you all so myuch.

I'm just having to plod along with things and try to stay level headed for my folks. In some ways, maybe this will give me something to focus on instead of worrying about my own health anxieties.

Thanks again everyone.

Dan

trac67
09-03-06, 15:25
Hi Dan,

When my dad was ill a few years ago, I found that I forgot all about how I was feeling and all my energies went into being there for my mum.

Even though we suffer with anxiety it is surprising how well we do cope when things like this happen.

I hope everything goes well for your dad.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Piglet
09-03-06, 16:06
Thinking of you hun.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
09-03-06, 16:24
Hope all goes well Dan and it is better news than you are thinking it may be.

Surgery can do wonders these days

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
09-03-06, 17:59
Sorry to hear your news Dan. Hope the situation turns out to be better than you currently fear it might be.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Jason37
10-03-06, 10:53
Dan,
It's very scary. I'm not surprised you feel numb. I really feel for you.
When my Dad had a heart attack and wasn't expected to live, it took me weeks for the numbness to go. All of a sudden one night I was driving in the car listening to a sad song on the radio, and cried my eyes out for what felt like hours.
You will feel lots of different emotions, but something like this really puts your heart and mind through the mincer. Try and take care of yourself, physically at least, remember to eat and drink water, take vitamins, and rest, sleep if you can. Try talking to people even if you're not certain you feel like it. Use this site whenever you can.
I wish you all the best at this difficult time, I'm sure everyone's thoughts go with you, Dan.
Jason

Dan21
10-03-06, 15:25
Guys, you all rule. Thanks for all of your kind words.

The worst thing is seeing how frantic my Dad is. He often has a negative outlook on things and I cant begin to imagine what he's going through. He and Mum live back in Cumbria and we are living in Worcester. That in itself is a pain.

But, what more can we do except wait until he see's the doctors again next week and has his MRI scan?

He's worked all his life and never been anything but a perfect father, husband and person. I have a beleif in something, God, Buddah or whomever, but if they can hear me, I'm praying my hardest most sincere prayer right now.

Thanks for the support folks,

Love to you all.

D

nomorepanic
10-03-06, 16:05
Dan

Sorry to hear this news but please don't give up hope. They can do wonders nowadays and treatment has come a long way.

I hope things go well for him.

Nicola