PDA

View Full Version : anxiety after a night out

sara123
10-10-10, 17:05
Hi there,

I've been getting anxiety attacks for almost a year. They are getting better as I have been prescribed citalopram but the anxious feeling always gets worse the day after I've had a night out with my friends. The next day I always seem to have a horrible feeling in my stomach and try to remember every detail of the night, and if I can't remember some of it my mind takes over and I let myself believe I did something terrible, even though I didn't!
I'm not really a big drinker but it's annoying that when I do have a few drinks I just worry and worry about it the day after. It's putting me off drinking altogether to be honest. It's just hard because I'm only 20 and I don't want to explain to my friends why I'm stopping.
Anyone else experiencing this kind of thing?

sara x

nomorepanic
10-10-10, 17:11
Hi sara123

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

richo
10-10-10, 17:22
hi sra.i have the same problem all the time.im always making excuses why i cant drink much.lately ive just been honest and told them but its not easy.im 25 by the way x

Fly away Katie
10-10-10, 22:22
Hello and welcome to NMP x x x

Rollercoaster
11-10-10, 00:44
I've given up alcohol. It wasn't a conscious decision, just happened over time. It used to make me relax and more confident, but since I got ill, I find it lowers my mood and makes me anxious, even in small quantities. It's difficult when you want to be on the same level as other people, but for me it isn't worth the negative side effects.

Natural Mystic
11-10-10, 21:24
I too have very bad anxiety the day after a night out/I've been drinking, it's just not worth it.

sara123
25-10-10, 19:58
Thanks for all the replies. It's good to know I'm not alone :) I think I just need to be strong and stop drinking. It's gonna be hard though

paula lynne
26-10-10, 05:54
Hi Sara. a belated welcome to you x:welcome: