PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

themadscotsman
27-09-10, 20:49
Hi there. Kind of wish I'd joined this site before now. Better late than never though eh? Have been struggling with PVCs/ectopic beats for about a year and a half now. Although I've been told that there are many people experiencing them, I don't actually know anyone that does and it's absolutely impossible to explain to someone what they feel like! Hopefully I'll be able to get some help from somebody out there, or at least support. I've joined tonight because, the abnormal beats had been almost unnoticeable for weeks and weeks, then they just returned for no reason with vengeance :( I'm not on any medication but have been offered Propranolol, I am reluctant to take drugs as I have been told there is nothing wrong with me?? Why offer me medication then? Anyway, thanks for reading this. Bye.

nomorepanic
27-09-10, 20:50
Hi themadscotsman

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Hazel B
27-09-10, 20:59
Welcome, you are not alone.
I have had Propranolol for 3 weeks now as I was not able to calm myself down after weeks of anxiety. I'm also learning how to deal with breathing etc. in order to come off the meds. My pulse was racing over 120bpm, even when I was warm and cosy in bed, that's the joy of adrenalin.
Taking one day at a time now, hope you get lots of support on the site.

Maj
27-09-10, 21:00
Hi,
:welcome: to NMP from another ectopic sufferer!! I've suffered them for over a year now. They are worse some days than others. Some day I have them most of the day and during the night. They wear me out sometime. My last reading on a monitor was 6000 in 24 hours. I decided not to take heart meds because they say my heart is healthy. I tried propranolol but they made me feel worse, although they work miracles for some people. Stress definitely makes them worse but digestive problems can also cause them, I've found. Sounds silly but I try and suck a mint when they are at their worst and sometimes this sort of calms them down a bit. I think the best thing to do is to try and carry on with your normal routine and they fade into the background a bit. They are horrible, I agree. So you are not alone. They are suffered by many on NMP and you'll get lots of support here. :flowers:

paula lynne
27-09-10, 21:10
A big welcome to you:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
27-09-10, 21:41
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x