PDA

View Full Version : Does it really ever end?

Ambers
22-09-10, 20:50
Just wondering after really being on a see-saw ride with Panic + Anxiety! Will this really ever get better?

I have been diagonosed with Post Traumatic Stress - I have been carrying this around for 15 years. But I think my childhood caused a lot of anxiety...so after 42 years, instead of getting 'used to this' I am getting worse! I have a better understanding of this thing and the more understanding the worse I am getting..

I don't really understand and feel like staying indoors forever because I feel tired of dealing with myself. My family deserve better :mad:

olderfella
22-09-10, 21:04
Hi Ambers one way or another we can all improve,either with the help of meds or cbt ,counciling or many more treatments what ever works for the individual hang in there stay positive your not alone

Vixxy
23-09-10, 09:27
Hi ambers. It does get better and you can lead a normal life. Ive had periods in my life where Ive had no anxiety problems whatsoever. Unfortunately something would happen that would mean it came back again. Im not learning how to deal with my life so that I can minimise the chances of it coming back again :)

heavenly
23-09-10, 09:38
Hi Ambers, well I can't answer that as its only 6 weeks in for me, so like you, that is the $64m question. But all I know is that I must do everything I can to heal myself. Look at my diet, gentle exercise, counselling (if needed), the right meds (if needed), soul searching and appreciating every single day when I actually feel like 'me'. That is what my plan is and I hope that these 'episodes' will lessen in time and I will be a better person for it. Take care hun. xxx