PDA

View Full Version : Coming off Citalopram...

HunniBee
09-09-10, 15:30
Hi all,

Need some advice from people that have gone through this?

I've decided to come off citalopram as I personally don't think I need it anymore, due to solving anxiety issues elsewhere but I've started by decreasing my 20mg daily dose to 10mg then 5mg and now nothing.

I've been having horrible headache, feel lathargic and jus generally giddy with butterflies...but happy excited ones no bad ones!!

Is this normal?

HB x x

HunniBee
09-09-10, 17:23
Also wanted to ask...I took my last 5mg of cit & 7.5mg of mirt last night/this morning and will start to kalms to help with the side effects, the pharmasist said this was ok...is it?

HB x x

suzy-sue
09-09-10, 22:14
Yes thats fine .my Dr said it was ok too. You may feel a bit drowsy tho .sue

Medication Survivior
10-09-10, 12:58
Hi all,

Need some advice from people that have gone through this?

I've decided to come off citalopram as I personally don't think I need it anymore, due to solving anxiety issues elsewhere but I've started by decreasing my 20mg daily dose to 10mg then 5mg and now nothing.

I've been having horrible headache, feel lathargic and jus generally giddy with butterflies...but happy excited ones no bad ones!!

Is this normal?

HB x x

I started on 60mg, I am now taking 10mg. My next step is 5mg in a few weeks, if you can reduce yourself very slowly over a period of time and talk to your doctor about your plans. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif