PDA

View Full Version : SO SCARED

kay1986
21-08-10, 12:01
yesterday i started to like a numb feeling round my ear and down my neck!, have had this before.

but when i went to bed last night i discover a little lump on the back of my neck on my hairline, near to one of the muscle in the back of my neck!!!

im so scared now!!!!!

gracesophia
21-08-10, 16:14
The numb feeling on your face is caused by anxiety. I get it whenever I am stressed. The lump is most likely a lymph node. It's completely normal for these to swell up if you are rundown (which being stressed can do to you). Sometimes, once they have swelled up they don't go down again. Not something to worry about, but maybe just get a doctor to check it if it's still there next time you visit.

kay1986
21-08-10, 16:49
thanx for the reassurance grace!!!, got doctors on friday so will ask her see what she says!!, but my head feels sort of numb in one patch is this normal for anxiety???

Jannie2948
21-08-10, 17:30
Hi Kay
It is for me, I get that quite often and also numbness in other parts of my body, for weeks I've had a numbness in my left leg and foot, it drives me mad but I only really notice it when i think about it or when I'm in bed. I'm sure your numbness in your head is due to the anxiety, try and relax and stay calm if you can and I am sure you will be fine. As the previous message says though, maybe have a word with your Dr just to put your mind at rest :-)
All the best
Jannie x x