PDA

View Full Version : New and unsure..

theundercovervampire
14-07-10, 23:29
Hello,

My name is Jess, I am 19 and I am a student. Recently I have been getting dizziness in the day and then for the passed 2 nights when I go to bed as soon as I am about to fall asleep.. I get very dizzy, a drop in my stomach, fast heart beat and I wake suddenly as if I have woken up from a bad dream. This will happens many, many times until I fall asleep from exhaustion. When I have been asleep for a while I then get nightmares and wake up again in the same way. My family think I am stressed because of Uni and my first attempt at becoming and adult and everything that goes with it.

I was reading up on Panic disorders and I found many of the symptoms affected me, including the feeling like I am outside of myself, shaking, nausea and more.

I haven't yet been to the doctor to confirm any of my suspicions but I am going to do so in the next couple of days.

I have now become scared to go to sleep and I think this is contributing to it. When I was younger I was sick in public places a few times and I then became scared of being sick, I would avoid going out with friends, esp sleepovers or out for dinner for this reason.

My mother and grandmother are big worriers and they also have complained about dizziness. I guess I am getting worried that there is something really wrong with me and I am hoping that people here can tell me what they think of this situation, with their better experience.

Thanks in advance and good to meet you.

nomorepanic
14-07-10, 23:30
Hi theundercovervampire

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

absentia
15-07-10, 01:21
Hey Jess,

Sorry to read of your problems. I have a phobia of eating in social settings, but it's not related to being sick in public. I think a fear of being sick in public is emetophobia and is in fact quite common. I had some concern with this when I had my first panic attack. I felt sick on the bus and paniced thinking I was going to be sick in front of loads of people. It was not the fear of being sick itself, it was the fear of humiliating myself in front of so many people. For me, fear of humiliation is a big part of my problem as I suffer with Social Anxiety, where I feel uncomfortable in social situations.

I see you are also looking to chat on another post. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to :) I will do my best to help and give advice. I am very experienced when it comes to anxiety!

Vanilla Sky
15-07-10, 23:32
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x