PDA

View Full Version : cold sores

lorraine
07-07-10, 19:50
hi

does anybody suffer with cold sores. I get them on my lower lips. I sometimes get them up my nose. soooo painful.

I suffer with them when my period is due or if had really bad stress!!!!!

i use zovirax which does help but your not supposed to use that up your nose.

I wondered if anyone else suffered with these. My doctor said that they only treat really serve cases of cold sores with medication because of the side effects the medicine can cause.

Lorraine

nomorepanic
07-07-10, 19:58
I had one about 6 months ago and I had to have medication for it as it was very bad.

They are very painful aren't they?

Oddfish
07-07-10, 20:23
Urgh I hate them. Don't get them very often but can with strong sun light. They are always on my bottom lip and usually spread right down onto my chin. It's the itchyness that I hate the most and in my experience zovirax doesn't usually stop them, even when you slap it on at the tingle stage :lac:

lorraine
07-07-10, 20:52
hi

thanks for replies

does anybody get them up their nose like me?

lorraine

MoonlightFire
09-08-10, 12:00
I've just had the cold sore virus inside my mouth :( Ouuuchy! Also I get them every now and again on my lips. My dentist said that the virus is triggered by being run down/stressed/anxious.

Downsinthenorth
09-08-10, 13:03
I used to buy Zovirax, which is expensive and doesn't "keep", even if you leave it in the fridge. Now I use Rhus tox, a homeopathic remedy in pill form, which I can stock up on and use before the cold sore gets too bad.

If I don't use anything, I end up looking like the Elephant Man. :ohmy: