PDA

View Full Version : please help ,i need advice

codykian
02-07-10, 12:32
hi all , im feeling dizzy, light-headed, and a bit panicky, and have a sicky feeling in my stomach, my head doesn't seem to be functining right, im getting married next week in greece, and have to drive to the airport sunday morning, i want to be happy and normal as i dont want to ruin my girlfreinds big day, and i want to enjoy my holiday and be excited about it, i have been a bit stressed lately, this has been going on for 5 days now, ever since a big drinking session, i tried beta blocks but they didnt work, and kalms tablets done wonders, but they made me feel tired and a bit down, i want to go out tonight and have a couple of beers but am worried the effects in the morning will get worse, im only talking 3 at the most, i need that holiday feeling, what can i do to feel happy and slightly normal, will beers help me relax, and take my mind of all this ,as i said im not going to drink myself silly but just a couple to chill out with, when can i expect this horrible feeling to go away, i have never had it so bad before ?

Carys
02-07-10, 21:08
Sounds like you are very worried about the wedding and going away. You say 'your girlfriends big day', but it is yours too. Are you worried about getting married ? Worried about going to Greece ? Or are there other issues too ? My personal suggestion would be that trying to solve how you are feeling by 'having a few beers' isn't the way to go. You need to address why you are feeling stressed and panicky.

Vixxy
02-07-10, 22:21
Practice relaxing your body. Find a quiet spot and get comfortable then start relaxing each part of your body in turn from your toes to your scalp.
I use this app on my ipod. Theres a free version on his website too.
http://www.andrewjohnson.co.uk/index.php?/free-hypnosis-mp3-downloads.html
The relax lite takes you through the relaxation and afterwards I feel less stressed.