PDA

View Full Version : New and glad to be here

marce
06-02-06, 03:02
Good day to all of you
one night last year i was having so much difficulty controlling my panic attack, even though I had taken my clonazepam, that i went online and just typed help + panic attacks...it took me to this site and i read every last word you had written about panic attacks. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago with panic disorder and a situational depression, which I got treated for through therapy. But even as I sit here now, knowing all that I know, breathing as deeply as I can breathe, it can still hit me and that just feels so frusterating. I haven't had a chance to read any of the forums just yet but I wanted to say Thank you for creating such an important site..
the night when I found nomorepanic I realized that I can find another way to overcome this. This time I am here to read and hear what others have to say and learn more about this from all of you.
I too have been treated with clonazepam and for many years I did not have any panic attacks but sometimes they just hit me out of know where and then I anticipate them and the cycle can start again..it ends somehow but I really hate this more than people around me know. My best friend gets me through so many of them...just talking on the phone is our way, unfortunately they hit me at night. I really want to learn to not be dependent on anything or anyone. That would be so great, a real gift and so liberating and so I have decided to get help through some kind of therapy again and as I said to learn more from others living with PD.
Take care, Marce

trac67
06-02-06, 09:23
Hi Marce,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac Xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

chop
06-02-06, 09:28
Welcome :)

There is a lot on here helpful, just do a search like you are and you will find help. (although the real help comes from within, people here are great and can help you along great).

P.S. if you ask something or cant find it or too anxious to search and just want an answer, I have noticed "meg" posts a heap of previous posts if available :) I know we can search ourselves but she is great in doing it for lazy people like me :)

Thanks and have fun here and get well again :)

paul

chucklehound
06-02-06, 10:33
Hi Marce and welcome to NMP!!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Piglet
06-02-06, 11:35
A big welcome to the site:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

marce
06-02-06, 12:45
Thank you all for your support. Already some great advice and kind words...I'm very grateful.
Marce

Meg
06-02-06, 13:23
Hiya Marce

Indeed there is a different way.

Read up as much as possible and ask if you cannot find what you need

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

feege
06-02-06, 14:30
hi marce

Welcome to the site - I hope it's as wonerful for you as it has been for me... you will meet some of the best people in the world!

[8D][8D][8D]

fee
xx

nomorepanic
06-02-06, 16:36
Hi Marce

A warm welcome aboard and I hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

sueiamnew
06-02-06, 19:21
Hi Marce and welcome to the site.

Karen
06-02-06, 19:23
Hi Marce

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

Sue K with 5
08-02-06, 02:03