PDA

View Full Version : New and Scared

Temenos
02-05-10, 20:40
Hello there, this is my first post on here but I have been visiting the site quite alot recently. I hadn't realised it but my anxiety has been getting worse after being medication free since April 2009. I've not had a great start to 2010 my little boy who already has a chronic health condition (well controlled thank goodness) was referred to the hopsital for another matter (although Dr reassured me she thought it was nothing). Then a work colleague and friend who we thought had beaten cancer has found out that it's back and she is now terminal and she has a child a similar age to me and is a similar age to me. I already knew that stress can manifest itself with me in the form of HA so I wasn't surprised to find myself in the Dr's Surgery for a breast lump (very small and mobile) and bad headaches every day for weeks and then a "suspicious mole" .After a particularly difficult week, including a meeting at work that I felt claustraphobic in and literally wanted to scream and run out of!!!!! Anyway after this week I feel like I totally crashed on March 7th 2010, I woke up that day convinced that I have a brain tumour, I have thought of not much else everyday since and after swatting up on symptoms on google and mcmillan websites I find myself with a different Neuro symptom each week, including numb hands and feet but only when I wake up, headaches, head pains, felt weak on one side, memory loss and now I find myself with shooting pain in fingers and toes, doesn't last long but I'm scared when it does and it puts me back to square one. Dr is SURE it's anxiety and I'm now up to 60mg of Prozac and have to say not feeling loads better but I do have the odd good day. Anyway so sorry to go on but any advice would be greatly appreciated, now I'm panicking that someone will reply and say get straight to the Dr's, you're in trouble!!!! Thanks for this site xxxx

diane07
02-05-10, 20:42
Hi Temenos

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Temenos
02-05-10, 20:48
Thanks Diane, didn't expect such a quick response xx

Vanilla Sky
02-05-10, 21:12
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Veronica H
03-05-10, 14:06
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

Temenos
03-05-10, 14:10
Thanks for replies, having a better day today thus far, it has really helped having people that actually understand. Have a good Bank Holiday xx