PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety = Attention Deficit Disorder?

Dazza
29-04-10, 04:52
hi all,

I've had health anxiety for a while now, especially the last two years. I've had so many symptoms, some very intense, so much so that I've been to A&E (ER for our American friends) many times. I've had countless heart tests, blood tests, X-Rays, 3 MRIs and nothing has been found.

The purpose of this post... I sometimes try to work out where the anxiety is coming from, I mean I know I REACT to the symptoms by getting anxious, but where do the symptoms come from in the first place. I had a though this morning ''could my health anxiety be some kind of attention decificit disorder?'' Could my mind be doing this as a way to get constant reassure from people - maybe trying to seek reassurance about some other underlying mental health issue (lack of self esteem, trauma in earlier life etc...).

My father had a heart attack about 20 years ago, which he survived. I never used to think about it much after it happend...until I had my first ever panic attack (which in many ways resembled a heart attack). I've had great physical and mental anxiety problems ever since.

Do you think Health Anxiety is come kind of Attention Deficit Disorder? Where does your anxiety come from?

Interested to hear your ideas. :yesyes:

leeann
04-05-10, 06:22
Hiya I think once our minds start to worry about some thing, we worry so much that it becomes real! I like a lot of reassurance from my family but that's because i want to no im ok and not dying!! My anxiety started when I was pregnant with my first daughter nearly 4 years ago i was half way through and my Dad also suffered a heart attack (he suffered) But I was the one giving first aid till the ambulance arrived after that I started to worry about my heart (got every symptom going) then I would pick up on something else and so on and so on (VISCOUS CIRCLE)

Hope your ok xx