PDA

View Full Version : still feeling sick

Ladybelle
02-04-10, 17:09
posted earlier about my worry about picking up salmonella from sainsburys earlier, and I'm still feeling so sick here now :( How can I stop worrying ......

Peter_Scott
02-04-10, 17:16
Hi OP,

I hope that you are feeling better.

A few years back I did get salmonella food poisoning from undercooked meat at a barbecue. It is rare that you feel sick right away so I suspect it is anxiety, I think I got ill about 8 hours later not straight away. It was not very nice but I was fine in a few days, just plenty of fluids and I kept close to the WC at all times.

I really don't think it is likely that you have it by what you are saying.

Peter

Cell block H fan
02-04-10, 19:48
posted earlier about my worry about picking up salmonella from sainsburys earlier, and I'm still feeling so sick here now :( How can I stop worrying ......

I dont think you will, if you're anything like me you will worry for hours. And you'll feel queasy due to thinking you should be! I work in Sainsburys & i'm forever picking chickens up & the things leak all over my hands! I do go & wash them, but I stress for hours afterwards.
I dont think it sounds like you would have had enough contamination from it, if it was only on your shopping list.
xxx

PanchoGoz
02-04-10, 21:01
You are NOT going to get salmonella because you have already thought about it and this makes it impossible to happen because it would be too much of a coincidence for it to happen to one who is constantly worried about it, compared to the rest of the world, which is worried about other stuff, like a 1 in a million chance.

As for feeling sick, eat something and don't let your tummy empty, or you will feel more anxious.

Every time a thought like that enters your head, tell yourself "I'll deal with it".

Just some ideas...

saz2121
03-04-10, 08:09
I had Salmonella poisoning last year........ through eating a Chinese carry out.

Please dont worry, always remember, we rarely get sick through fault of our own - it's always through other peoples bad hygiene or lack of thought for others.

You will be fine:)

Brianthesnail
03-04-10, 08:21
to stop worry about again thing is to be very biss with thing around you and if shopping is hard for you them ,just go in and buy one thing and pay and walk out and slowly bill up . the next time buy two thing est.
hope this help you to get over being worry.
take care
brian

Cell block H fan
03-04-10, 10:56
How are you feeling today?
I thought about you this morning at work, I picked up a whole leg of lamb & it was wet, not sure if the vacuum pack was leaking, but one thing after another had me forgetting about it, 10 minutes later I thought uh oh, I have been licking my fingers to get the bags open? lol ooops. But to be honest I didn't worry anymore after that. The chances are real slim.
And I feel fine & dandy so far.
xxxx