PDA

View Full Version : Cold & tingly arm & hand

Earthworm
26-03-10, 11:45
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else gets cold / tingly feelings in their arms and/or hands. It's kind of like pins & needles but more of a cold sensation like poor circulation or something. I have had it a few times in the last week or so and I'm 99% sure its anxiety related but just after some reassurance.

I get it in my right arm and it feels a bit weak and my finger tips are numb like I've been out in the cold and they're just coming back to life but they don't. :wacko:

shanlynn1012
26-03-10, 12:25
I get that on my feet gets real cold then hot sometimes tingly. I have over thought it sooooooo much that is has no spread to a burning sun burn feeling in my legs. So take it from me it is anxiety & end the cycle now! Good LUck

Liliana83
26-03-10, 14:17
Yes, I too have experienced it..it's worse for me when I drive for some odd reason...or if I stay in one place for a long time. I usually just get up and shake it off and it goes away. It doesn't happen when I am active for some odd reason. I have had blood tests done to rule out thyroid issues or diabetes..and both test have come back negative. I honestly think it's carpal tunnel syndrome..or arthritis...but then again I'm not a doctor nor should I say I think I have something when in reality it could just be anxiety-related. I too get cold hands and feet quite often.

crazyhayz
26-03-10, 17:55
Yep i used get EXACTLY what ur getting alllllll the time! And like you, i used to worry soooo much about it!! I was getting it lastnight in hospital, but because i know what it is, it no longer worries me. One time I was getting it so bad, my hands clawed up and locked (which i thought then i was having a seizure lol) but its all down to to Over-Breathing (Hyperventilation).

To clarify, and for your own peace of mind, when you hyperventilate you are putting too much Oxygen into ur blood. This in turn causes hands and feet to get that tingly pins-and-needles feeling which is completely and utterley normal. Also, you wont always be able to tell you are hyperventilating, so the sudden onset of physical symptoms shouldnt scare you. Also, like me, you can get either 'cold' or 'hot' sensations in ur body from this. And i also got numbness in parts of my body, especially my face. Its all down to having too much oxygen in ur blood. Totally nothing to worry about. The moment ur completely calm, u slow ur breathing down, and not worry about it, it will pass :)

Hope thats helps!!

Crazyhayz

annrose
08-12-13, 07:58
that's how i feel also im hoping and im 89% sure its my anxiety felt great to read this and know that someone else felt this :)