PDA

View Full Version : feel like people are strangers....anxiety or dementia?

stevesinelgin
02-03-10, 22:36
hey peeps! will keep things brief....have been wound up a bit lately and a bit low...this wierd feeling that my friends and family feel as if i dont know them and my brain feels as if theres something wrong with it...doesnt make much sense and i hope its just anxiety/depression...your thoughts please!!!!

Steve

fed up of feeling like my brain is damaged, muddled and wishing this crap would stop :unsure:

NoPoet
02-03-10, 22:50
Hi mate, maybe you're simply perceiving the "gap" that exists between you and the others around you. You're going through a very difficult time and they probably don't understand this. Therefore, it's like there is an invisible wall which separates you from everyone else, like you're living in a different world to everyone else. That's just my guess based on what happened to me while I was at my worst.

The good news is that as you start feeling better, this sensation starts to go away, cos you start feeling more like a part of the world. It takes some getting used to though, that's all :)

Mya
02-03-10, 22:50
Sadly yes, I feel the same and distant towards family and friends. I have felt like this a long time and have yet to feel better. Brain damaged feelings seem to be so common with us. Sorry you feel this way and hope you are better soon, but many others are experiencing the same.

stevesinelgin
02-03-10, 22:55
its weird you know who they are, but my brain cant make its mind up if it does or not.....has a life of its own i mean nobody forgets who their friends and family are..its is scary...but as you all say its prob yet another anxiety symptom...grrr...and tablets aint a cure either...just a help

kiansummer
03-03-10, 07:37
Hi Steve ive been feeling exactly like you these last couple of weeks, like none of my family and friends care anymore its a horrible feeling so i know how your feeling,best wishes x