PDA

View Full Version : iv scared myself please talk to me

julia
20-02-10, 18:39
ive just been looking through the forums and must be feeling supersensitive ive scared myself looking on the suicidal one i shouldnt have looked its been my fear that my anxiety woukld make me feel like that and i dont want to WHY DID I LOOK i knew i shouldnt now im on the edge arrrr

Veronica H
20-02-10, 18:57
:bighug1:thoughts become feelings very quickly because your nerves are sensitised Julia. Try to stay in the moment and not dwell on the 'what ifs'. Have you read a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

magic girl
20-02-10, 20:07
i agree with veronicax iv got 2 books by dr claire weeks and i turn to them again and again aspecially when that horrible wave of dread and panic sweeps over me.i also do something to keep busy and to take my mind off it i cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom last time i felt weird and i also do knitting as i find trying to concentrate on something helps but you WILL BE O.K im still here and i can get myself into a terrible state but i won't be beaten:yesyes:

ally b
20-02-10, 22:24
great advise,this site i ace.

big thanks 2 you all:hugs:

anxiety does bring on the sensitve side. i read some1s side effects, an guess what, next min.... me to.
its weird an uncontrolable.

loulouham
20-02-10, 23:57
Hi, I'd say read as much as you can...knowledge is power after all. The more you understand about why you feel the way you do, then you can accept that anxiety is actually normal.

If you realise that your symptoms are real and have real physical causes such as a rush of adrenalin then you can accept that you are not 'going mad'.

Once I realised that some of my symptoms such as flashing lights in my eyes and throat closing were the results of real physical changes due to anxiety then I could accept them more and stop worrying so much.

Anxiety and it's symptoms ARE scary...we must try to demystify it and put things into perspective.

Hope you feel a little better soon, X