PDA

View Full Version : Doc wants to see me before next Prescription - Worried?

Hereford Al
25-01-10, 20:42
Hi guys, hope everyone is doing OK and stuff.
I picked up my repeat prescription of Citalopram today from the pharmacy, and attached to the print-out was a scribbled note saying "Must be seen before next prescription" which has kind of worried me.

To be honest, I have not actually had a checkup with the Doctor regarding my meds since June, and generally just phone up to arrange a repeat prescription when needed.

But the anxiety-ridden part of my brain is telling me something is wrong!

Anyone else had a similar thing happen to them before about repeat prescriptions?

Cheers,
Al

mummy4
25-01-10, 20:48
honestly hun there will be nothing to worry about.

i have been on 5mg cipralex for just over 4 years and every feb i have a review of my meds and there is also a note on my repeat script.

my doc just asks me how im doing etc its an in and out appointment and im sure yours will be the same.

seriously there is nothing to worry about xx

Hereford Al
25-01-10, 21:01
Excellent. Thanks for the nice reply :-)
I am gunna give them a ring in the morning to arrange the appointment, but was just a bit worried about what it could be!

Cheers mate,
Al

nomorepanic
25-01-10, 21:03
I am on lots of medication and I only get 6 before I have to see the doc for a review.

It is perfectly normal

beckssss
25-01-10, 21:06
Hiya hereford,

Just as mummy4 said, its just a routine thing, they do it for all meds, I even get called in to review my repeat script for gaviscon lol x absolutley nothing to worry about, its just for the doc to make sure everythings going as it should x

Maj
25-01-10, 21:10
It's actually a good thing that the doctor wants to see you before your next prescription. Sometimes prescriptions are just given out for months on end without any check up involved to see how you are managing with the meds. The surgery sounds well organised.
Myra:yesyes:

shoegal
25-01-10, 21:18
It's nothing to worry about. I have to speak to my Doctor on the telephone after every 3 prescriptions just to check that everything is ok.

unspoken
26-01-10, 00:44
There's usually a 'review date' printed on the prescription. It's just so they don't keep prescribing medication that isn't right or isn't needed any more, I think.