PDA

View Full Version : electric shock

daisycake
19-01-10, 23:01
yeah I know, I already asked in chat - would I know if I had one? Reason I'm asking, I touched the metal end of AC/DC adaptor and got a buzzy feeling (same as when I charge up my ipod, get the buzzy feeling from ipod).. I feel OK except for all the usual anxiety symptoms, although my arm was tingly (but that could be to do with being on the phone for a half houir earlier).. my pulse feels normal. but I read online that this can cause a Ventricular Fib-something that can cause sudden death.. Is it possible that if I got a shock about an hour ago, feel fine but could still end up really ill? Scared. Not phoning NHS unless its absolutely nessecary lol

Jayuk
19-01-10, 23:05
Sounds more like a static build up to me. You will be fine. I got electricuted off our mains 240v last year it threw me across the room and I had a deadarm!! :roflmao:

daisycake
19-01-10, 23:20
lol my mum actually got a shock from a lawnmower once, said it threw her 15 feet across the garden or something, she never did anything about that so I guess you'd have to have a massive shock for it to do something.. suppose I shouldn't be worried as I got a shock from a drinks fridge at work once and didn't bother doing anything about that :roflmao:! thanks

nomorepanic
20-01-10, 00:00
Alex licks plugs to see if they are live and he is fine lol

SueBee
20-01-10, 01:09
I once stood on a metal bath in a very dark bathroom trying to replace a bulb. I coudnt find the socket and accidentally stuck my thumb in it when it was live. Apart from a buzzy feeling in my arm I was fine - some may disagree though lol

You'll be fine and stop googling!!!

Slothette
20-01-10, 01:18
Hi

My brother is an electrician and he's been thrown across the room a few times - you'd definately know if you'd had one.

You will be fine hun. x

KK77
20-01-10, 01:37
If you'd been shocked by mains 240v you'd definitely know about it. If it was going to kill you it'd happen there and then, not a few hours or so later!

The buzzing may be radiation from your mobile phone.