PDA

View Full Version : The best doctor I've ever met...

daisycake
18-01-10, 21:05
Have recently got started with a new GP - much to my panic - however, this doctor is honestly brilliant. She really listened to what I had to say, and took my views into account - something that my old doctor never did. I am realising that whilst I miss my old GP, she was not the best of the bunch - she's a lovely person and would make a wonderful friend but as a doctor she's not so good. I'm so glad I've realised that.. Anyhoo, my new GP and I have decided to go for CBT through the surgery, I should be hearing in 3-4 weeks. (This was the same one that reffered me through to Gynae for those that remember). As I was leaving, albeit trembling with anxiety at speaking to someone new, she smiled and said well done, as asking for help is the most difficult part, and said that they (the nhs I guess) can make me better.. Good eh :yesyes: I realise I'm going to have to put in the work too, and believe me I'm really going to try... Have got a lump under my arm right now, but as I can roll it with my finger to an extent Im telling myself its nothing :) rather than worry, I'll give it a week and if its still there I'll go back lol. Unfortunately this means having to not go to the counselling Im getting right now, don't know how to tell my counsellor but we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

Just wanted to post this as encouragement, we can beat this! :D big hugs to everyone xx

RosieXXX
18-01-10, 21:11
That is brilliant to hear Daisycake - what a difference it makes when you feel you can relate to your doctor - you sound so upbeat, and I really do think you are going to do well with the cbt. Wishing you all the very best xx

emma09
19-01-10, 08:07
thats great news, i've found a decent docter at last and he listend to me too :) cbt did wonders for me =]