PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Waking up throughout the Night

Viggen
10-11-09, 14:18
For the last few months I have been struggling with sleeping through the night. I will go to bed at around 11 pm with relative ease, then wake up every 2 hours or so, until I finally get up at 7. It seems like I have conditioned myself to wake up after every dream sequence. It usually takes me 5-15 mins to fall back asleep, but it is enough to discourage me. I have found it is a lot worse earlier on in the week, and virtually not existant during the weekend(I work M-F 9-5, so clearly I am worried about my performance at work). I have practiced good sleep hygiene (cool room, no clocks, etc), and try not to beat myself up too bad about it when I wake up. I just enjoy sleep so much, and now it is becoming more of a burdon. I know that everyone wakes up after dream sequences, they just don't remember it because they fall right back asleep. Any suggestions on how to stop this habit?

valleybear
10-11-09, 15:33
I can understand and am sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I don't sleep much at all....any night ...and often I am awake all night. There have been numerous posts on here (some very recently) about this and many tips and ideas to help. Just look them up and you will get far more help and advice than I can give. Good luck XXXX