PDA

View Full Version : Hey all

JayX
05-09-09, 23:52
Just a quick introduction. I'm Jay 26 years old and from England. I drum for a heavy metal band called Primal State (if your into heavy music and live in England maybe ya heard of us.. no?)

Anyways I have been suffering with anxiety for several years now and have gone through many different symptoms from the usual panic attacks and sweating to not being able to swallow food for fear of choking and so on. But recently I started having strange electric shock feelings in my head and thought I would look into it online and found several posts about it on the forum here so decided to sign up with hope being able to talk about it with other people in similar situations may help shed some light on it all.

Kind regards

J

Adelle
06-09-09, 04:07
Hi Jay, I cant relate to your symptoms as my anxiety is a little different. Im terrified I have cancer all the time but I thought id reply as my husband is in the music industry ( in australia though ) so I can relate to your lifestyle. This may sound stupid but heavy metal is HEAVY loud music. Could it be that, that is giving you those shock feelings??? Just a thought. Anyway, I hope someone else can relax your mind and assure you its nothing serious. Take care.:D

teez
06-09-09, 11:22
hello hun,,,those head shocks are something else aint they,,,tricky little critters,,,i get them if i turn my head suddenly,,,leaves me feeling quite dizzy, dont worry after 20 years of panic attacks ive seen it all ,,,dont panic its all ,, in the joys of the anx state,,you will get used to them ,,and they will fade, as will all the other symptoms it will try,:hugs:

Veronica H
06-09-09, 21:04
:welcome: Jay. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

JayX
08-09-09, 02:30
Hey guys thank you for the replys :)

The head shocks do come for me as well when I turn my head suddenly but it seems to stem mostly from my eyes... like if I look to far one way or the other I can trigger them.

I don't think its the heavy metal haha. I'm a drummer so its a good way to get out my stresses whilst being creative. I perform live in front of large crowds with the music very loud and touch wood I have never had a bad attack at a show. I think for me a lot of it is down to whether or not I am thinking about it and at a show I'm usually just thinking about the gig and playing everything right so anxiety does'nt enter my mind as much as it does in normal everyday life.

I have a lot of fears of cancer as well after losing my father to it when I was 15 and recently finding out my mum has the same thing so it makes me think I am likely to get it as well and every little knot in a muscle or bump in my skin must be cancer! but pushing my doctor into checking all those things I notice keeps me re-assured. If your not already then maybe ask your doctor to do the same for you?

Again thank you all for replys it really is appreciated! :yesyes: