PDA

View Full Version : New Kid On The Block

sotheysaid
05-07-09, 01:33
hey everyone!

finally happy to see a place where people can understand what I'm going through.

I used to get panic attacks when i was about 17, but that was through smoking weed.
I'm now 24 and was "panic free" shall we say from the age of 18 up until february this year when panic attacks just started out of the blue.
then it was migraines.
then it was chest pains.
then there were more panic attacks.

my GP was the most unhelpful person in the world and just kept telling me the headaches i was gettin were down to anxiety. He reluctantly wrote me a referral letter so I could go to a private consultant who told me the headaches i was experiencing would not be caused by anxiety, but are actually migraines.
bare in mind, I'd had a migraine which gave the same symptoms as someone suffering a stroke and after I told my GP i took a trip to A&E because of this, he said I was over-analysing things!

I've had blood tests, I've had an MRI scan and a CT scan and all have been fine.
but recently my health anxiety has gotten worse. severe headaches have returned and I've been getting pains travelling up my neck, as though something was moving through the veins, so my next worry is blood clots.
I'm sure if i was going to be susceptible to them, my doctor would have told me, but I just cant get these thoughts out of my head!

anyways, I think thats more than just a little bit about me!
so I'll be quiet now and let other people do some talking.
it'll definitely be good to hear from you guys

- Dan x

pollyanna
05-07-09, 08:24
Hi Dan :welcome:

Sorry to hear your not feeling so goog, but
Glad you found the site, i am sure you will find it helpful , its great for giving and recieving advic/, experiences and making new friends.

hope to speak again with you sometime soon.

P x :flowers:

pollyanna
05-07-09, 08:26
Ooops, sorry about the spelling mistakes, think i am still half asleep...... :blush:

Veronica H
05-07-09, 20:15
:welcome: Dan. this is a friendly and supportive place. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica