PDA

View Full Version : feeling like have diminished lung capacity? help!

kathy.x
07-06-09, 10:54
recently have been feeling like i would when i have asthma (i suffer from asthma, but it is only set off by allergic reations such as hay fever or fur allergies), i am not short of breath just that I feel like I can't breathe in as deeply as normal and slightly like there's pressure on my chest. I am not worried that it's Lung Cancer (even after googling - bad I know), just wondering if this just happens to anyone who's had asthma / hay fever / anxiety? and if i should go to the GP? it's only been happening for the last 2-3 days (including today) and I have been in contact with fur a lot in the last 4 days.

T89
07-06-09, 16:23
I've been feeling the same lately-not so much breathless but like I couldn't get a decent breath in and I can feel pressure in my chest. Went to my gp last week and she checked everything and told me my lungs were clear and then asked if I'd been sneezing,puffy eyes etc and she thinks its hayfever.Plus breathing difficulties with anxiety is very common.

I really wouldn't worry too much about it which I know is easier said than done but I feel the exact same at the moment and no doubt many other people will come along and tell you the same thing.It is more than likely that it is your allergies however if it continues or you feel like you need reassurance then I'd say a trip to your doctor would be a good idea. Hopefully (s)he can put your mind at rest.

Feel better soon:)

kathy.x
07-06-09, 18:27
thanks :) have been thinking it may be also due to rescue remedy, think i may be allergic to it possibly.
also, realised that chest tightness is a big thing in anxiety after doing research. thankyou for the reassurance!

kathy.x
13-06-09, 11:23
update: if anyone has any interest or anything similar, i had got worse and eventually manged to get an appointment with my GP (a very nice, helpful one) and he listened to my chest etc and said he believes it's hayfever so that's a great relief. glad to know it's nothing sinister!

Amazeen
13-06-09, 17:47
I also sometimes get this feeling of not being able to take a good deep breath. I usually get this if I'm feeling anxious and/or very bloated from IBS.

momof3boys
30-06-09, 15:50
Just wondering if you get this and sometimes feel like you have to cough a dry hard cough? it only happens once in awhile but the feeling of having to take a deep breath has been happening on and off for the past week or so, i am assuming if it was something major it would be getting worse? it just feels like my chest is tight and i have to take deep breath...

kathy.x
30-06-09, 22:34
i tend to get this now when i feel about it - also i have been taking antihistimenes and i have improved greatly so mainly down to hayfever i have found out. but i do get this and i say if it is not that distressing and it doesn't get worse it won't be serious - but go to your GP anyway? it sounds like anxiety though, especially with the tight chest!