PDA

View Full Version : Gaining weight on purpose

andypee
24-05-09, 00:09
Has anyone ever purposely tried to gain weight to prove to them self that they haven't got cancer?

I did this and feel very silly.. :weep:

nikkinoo
24-05-09, 00:24
Hi there,
I can relate to how you are thinking as I lost a stone in weight during the height of my anxiety and looked absolutely awful at 8 stone. Everyone kept commenting on how thin and pale I looked and I began to seriously think I was very ill.
Over the past year I have regained my stone in weight by making myself eat biscuits and cakes as extra snacks to stop peoples comments.

debera
24-05-09, 01:17
hi
i can totaly relate to how you are thinking also. when my anxiety was at its worst i lost allot of weight and i did purposely try to gain weight to prove to myself that there was nothing sinister wrong with me. after i got my anxiety under control some what, i did gain the weight back so i know just what you are going throught. and if anyone said that i looked pale i would go into a panic. hope this helps
debera:hugs: :hugs:

Thumbelina
24-05-09, 08:21
I do the same.

My normal weight is around 52 kilos, When I was severely bad in anxiety, attacks and depression I was 43 kilos, and I am a mother of 2 and 32 yo.
I was size 4-6, normally I am 8-10.

At the moment I think I am 47.
I have lost lots in the past month as I had a relapse, had diarhea for 2 weeks non stop, and now appetite. When in relpse I drink baby milc formula, bananas, juices, try and stuff myself with the bread, and eat at night, because this is when you are relaxed soemtimes.
After anxiety starts going away - i start geting appetite back and try and catch up. I do deliberately try and put weight on as much as I can, but it never went more then 55kg.

Weight makes me feel relaxed, and more strong. I do not think it is bad.
If you gain too much, then it is different , it can become not beneficial for your selfesteem.
Everybody thought is different and you have to do what you feel is right for you with the advise of the professional.

Take care.