PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety as my mum has cholesterol

Janvi
18-05-09, 06:17
Hello,

Im very stressed nowadays coz my mum had a full blood count and it has been found that she has cholesterol. The Doc has prescribed medecine but
im very anxious. I cannot sleep at night. I get anxiety attacks as soon as i start thinking about her. I love my mother more than myself. All her other health report was good except for the cholesterol. Please help me out coz i can't live without my mother.

Please help me.

Janvi

Trixie
18-05-09, 06:28
We all have Cholesterol but it is at what level the bad part (LDL) is and the good part (HDL) that counts. Do you know what it is?

Don't panic:flowers:

I know many people with what they class as high cholesterol and they had to alter their diets and some were advised to go on medication but they are all fine.

Janvi
18-05-09, 08:57
thanks Trixie, but the doc did not give her the report. he just said that
it is high. Will my mum be ok Trixie. She is taking tablets.

angietomjimandcass
18-05-09, 09:25
The tablets the dr gave your mum will work quick so dont worry.

sb001f8994
18-05-09, 10:51
Hi Janvi,
My mum was diagnosed with cholesterol years ago and with medication it has come down loads, its now fine and controlled as Im sure your mums will do too. My husband was diagnosed with cholesterol last year and his was through the roof but with the medication is now lowering nicely.
Best wishes, take care.
Carol

Trish
18-05-09, 11:23
Hiya

Mine was very high, at it's peak 12 years ago it was 9.8:ohmy: but with meds & a good diet it is now 4:)

Please try and relax about it the meds will bring it down.

:)
Trish x

Trixie
18-05-09, 12:21
thanks Trixie, but the doc did not give her the report. he just said that
it is high. Will my mum be ok Trixie. She is taking tablets.

Please don't worry I know someone who had one of 10. Perhaps you could ask your mums doctor what it is.

Has she altered her diet now?

lauren6
18-05-09, 13:32
Janvi, the way you said "My mum has cholesterol" as if it's a disease...it is not a disease (high cholesterol) and nothing to panic about. It can lead to heart disease bur Janvi, I hardly know anyone who DOESN'T have high cholesterol by a certain age! Including myself.

The meds will work fine, you are not going to lose your Mum over this...it is so common. Like Trixie mentioned, she should change her diet, if it is caused by that (sometimes genetic even if we eat well) but cutting out saturated fats and transfats is so important. No need to panic...relax and know she will be just fine with the meds. My siblings are all on the meds and brought the level down to normal.

Janvi
20-05-09, 06:11
Hi everybody,

Thanks you very much for your nice replies. But Im a bit afraid when lauren6 said that it can lead to heart disease. Is it possible even if she is taking medecines. Please help me out.

Trixie
20-05-09, 06:43
Hi everybody,

Thanks you very much for your nice replies. But Im a bit afraid when lauren6 said that it can lead to heart disease. Is it possible even if she is taking medicines. Please help me out.

Many things can lead to heart disease, smoking, fatty foods, stress, etc so please don't worry.

When I was 9 my mother had a severe heart attack, she died when I was...45. In between those years she had a good life and enjoyed herself thoroughly.