PDA

View Full Version : Thank you. You know who you are - I did go shopping

t0rt01se36
15-04-09, 21:31
Thank you Chat room members, for giving me the encouragement to go shopping.

I was feeling so anxious but needed to go out as I had enough of staying in and feeling sorry for myself.

Dad gave me a lift in the car to a local shopping centre and at the time I felt very self concious. I wasn't sure I'd be able to cope alone but I thought, fight the fears and I wasn't too far from home which eased my anxiety.
I had to leave my mobile at home charging which I didn't like but once I started shopping and treated myself, I was ok.
Started feeling a bit sick which panicked me but I carried on hoping I'd feel better. Felt yucky for alot of the time I was shopping but I was feeling better gradually.
I treated myself and bought cd's, trainers, a few items from Boots and 3 pc games with a gift card.
Now I feel totally drained - physically and mentally and had to walk home, which didn't help.
Hate that yucky feeling but I'm used to it. Taking baby steps has worked and I'm glad I went out.
Felt strange to be out and about again but with your encouragement, it was a success.

Thank you !!

Sorry for the long post.

Ju

Southern_Belle
16-04-09, 03:53
Hi Ju,

I'm so glad you were able to get out and about and fight the anxiety and even walk home alone. You should be very proud of yourself.

Love,

Laura

lesleya
16-04-09, 07:44
Well done ju you really did well.
Baby steps is the only way to help yourself in trying to get out and about again, because if you do too much and overstretch yourself it can sometimes panic you and then put you off trying again for a while.
Only way is up Ju.
Good luck
xxx

steviep
16-04-09, 12:10
:) Well done to you, One step at a time xx