PDA

View Full Version : New

Cyberme
14-11-08, 22:11
Good evening

As you know I am new to the site so i thought id tell you my story for about the last 2 years I have been over worrying and feeling very anxious. But over the last couple of months it has been getting worse. In august this year i suffered my first panic attack whilst at reading festival, since then i have had them on and off. But this has been a very bad week, ive had 3 so far. They come from nothing, and I feel like im going mad.

Ive been to the doctors and they have made me an appointment with a counsellor but this isnt till the 4th dec so i thought maybe a website like this can help till then. He also pescribed me anti-depressants but im not sure about taking them. Anyway hello to everyone! xxx

jodie
14-11-08, 22:15
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie
xx

eternally optimistic
14-11-08, 22:47
Hi, hello

WELCOME

Am sure this website, without a doubt, will you give you help and reassurance.

Hang in there and am sure the counselling will help.

Patty
15-11-08, 23:46
Hi Cyberme,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

beany7
16-11-08, 01:49
I am so sorry you are going through this. Have you recently had a child or had any other life-changing events---death in the family, a major move, a change in jobs?? I started having panic attacks after my 1st child, but I was also always a nervous person in high school. Panic attacks did not start for me until later. It is hard to tell someone they will be fine, but the truth is, you will be fine. It takes a long time to become strong and to understand what is going on with your body. I had many tests done to ensure it was not anything serious. I also have been on Paxil and Zoloft and am now weaning off zoloft due to weight gain. If you can avoid the drugs and still be able to live a normal life, I say avoid them. However, if you find them necessary, don't be afraid of them because they do help. They just have side effects like weight gain for me. Also, it is a slow process weaning off of them. Those are some of the negatives. Be strong and let me know how you are doing.

spaced
16-11-08, 01:55
:welcome: hi and welcome to the site

marie1974
16-11-08, 11:19
hi and welcome to nmp, im sure u will find lots of help here and make new friends too. hugs xxxx

weeble40
16-11-08, 16:25
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:34
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx