PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to increase the dose?

rickb
03-11-08, 12:34
hi all,
any thoughts/help/experiences here would be appreciated.
i have taken citalopram 10mg now for 6-7 weeks, and after about 4 weeks they started to work, all was well again, untill last moday when between my wife being ill & kids waking up it was an awfull nights sleep the next night was just as bad & from then till now my sleep is pretty rubbish & i feel anxious again.
can poor sleep cause a blip in their effect? (hard really to do much about it with a 2 & 4 year old whose days start at 6)
is this likely to settle down again?
can the affects of 10mg wear off (i believe its a low dose)
if i increase the dose will i go through the same side effects as when starting? (i suffered with increased anx & loss of appetite)

regards to all.

Pebbles
04-11-08, 14:08
No effects citalopram 10mg wont wear ff as a pharmasist told me. The only thing s that does make it wear off is cofee n tea

rickb
04-11-08, 14:13
thanks for post,
been back to docs today & i'm trying 20mg, see if that puts me back on an even keel.

suzy-sue
04-11-08, 18:10
Hi Rob, Ive Also Been On 10 Mg And Have Found If Ive Had A Bad Night Im More Anxious Not Enough Rest Makes Your Nerves Bad.hope You Get On With New Dose Ok. Sue

rickb
05-11-08, 07:53
thanks suzy sue
first one this morn, got myself worked up about taking it then the old 'what if' it doesnt work routine, see how we go though.