PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Back after Dentist Bad News

auberloisl
31-10-08, 14:34
:weep: Anxiety Back

Well I finally got Dental Insurance, so I used it. First visit the dentist referred me to a oral surgeon, because he saw two cysts one my bottom wisdom teeth. This is when my Anxiety started up again (But I could manage). I got the appointment to the oral surgeon he done x-rays and came back to me and said. Well I wish I could tell you anything better, but your case will be a difficulty from 1 through 10 a 9, and you will have a very long recovery period. Because of your Anxiety a put you under a full Anastasias, I could break your jawbone and damage your nerve. This when my Anxiety was going through the roof!
No I am afraid that I am dyeing from the Anastasia or the cyst turns out to be cancer, or I am disfigured after, or maybe the cyst is the trigger for my Anxiety etc. I AM TERIEFFIED! He said we need this done ASAP!

My Plan:

I am not rushing
Because he said I will have a long recovery and will get infection I will get a deep cleaning done first to remove all the bacteria’s in my mouth
I need to go to Wisconsin first from 11/6 – 11/11
Get a Imaging done on the 11/19 so the surgeon can see where my nerves are
Set appointment for surgery
Dry to quit smoking
This is all I can do, but even I have a plan the Anxiety right now is almost making me to give up. I am so afraid!

Chris

Trixie
31-10-08, 14:47
Perhaps this may help your fears http://en.allexperts.com/q/Oral-Surgery-3405/Cyst-arround-wisdom-tooth.htm

Don't worry about the anaesthetic they are on the ball nowadays.

auberloisl
31-10-08, 16:28
Thanks the link helped.

See I am original from Germany and in Germany you dont mess with wisdom teeth only if the start to hurt.
Here in the US they pull the wisdom teeth beteen age 18 - 25. So everyone here in the US thinks that I am to old with age 39, and therefore have a long recovery.

Go figure?
Chris

EebyJeeby
31-10-08, 16:36
I had all my wisdom teeth out in my 30s, under general anaesthesia, and it was fine.

Could you go to see another oral surgeon for a second opinion? Maybe another surgeon could give you the information you need in a less anxiety-provoking manner.

joyce1980
31-10-08, 16:42
Hello there,

My mother had a car accident when she was young and put her head through the windscreen, the dentist told her that her teeth were cracked and over time, bit by bit they would fall away.

My mother has spent thousands on her teeth, and she has had the same problem as you as well, mum came out of surgery and was ok within a few months.

She also had a dry socket on another occasion..... my mum is not very lucky when it comes to her teeth.

The surgeons know what they are doing, trust them

joyce1980
31-10-08, 16:43
You also may want to see a dr in regards to some medication to help keep you calm for the time being

auberloisl
31-10-08, 17:02
I am a person who likes to treat the Anxiety with Herbal supplements. I stoped as of today to google wisdom teeth extraction. I am using Ultimate Anxiety Relief, which I still have to take for 3 /12 weeks (worked great until I been to the dentist). I take the UAR twice a day, but also started yesterday Bach "Rescue Remedy" once a day. I am calm today, and you all help alot too. I try to stay of Medication for Anxiety, because a always have severe side effects from them, and also I after surgery I will be put on pain & infection meds. My stomach is very sensetive to medication so I like to keep it limit. But when I come back from Wisconsin and not being better I will see my GP and talk to him for some help ( he knows I am using UAR).