PDA

View Full Version : Panicking like crazy women only - I googled!

Helen1973
25-10-08, 23:03
The other day, I had a bath at about 11 am and at about 4 pm I felt a sort wet rush and found that I had a wet patch on my knickers. I panicked for a bit because I also had some brown discharge (I'm waiting to come on), but put it down the bath despite the hours difference.

Anyway, I went to the doctors on Friday about the brown discharge and she took some swabs for testing for infections. I didn't mention the water bit. When she was doing the swab she said she saw a little bit of blood coming out of the cervix that by it's position she put down to my period--but I still haven't come on.

Anyway, I googled watery vaginal discharge and it (mixed with vaginal bleeding) can be a symptom of fallopian tube cancer.

I am soooo stressed right now.

Does anyone else got a water patch hours after a bath??? Can you retain it that long before it drains out. I've never had this before, or the brown spotting.

Please help me!

AntiLove_SuperStar
25-10-08, 23:12
I had similiar - it turned out to be cervical erosion, which is really common etc, and it can make you bleed after sex, bleed randomly and all that stuff, but its harmless! It could be loads of things, you know how complicated and weird female bodies can get, don't think its cancer immediately. Keep in touch with your GP, but I wouldnt worry yet <3..in my humble experience, you can see loads of terrible LOOKING stuff as a woman, but its usually fine, like really heavy bleeding? looks awful but is often just a hormonal blip or something.

kimmiepie
25-10-08, 23:18
If you are close to starting...the first thing to come out is watery, it's from the endometrial lining (although I forget the technical term). Not all women notice it or even get it until they bleed. It's totally normal, especially if you're about to start. You've probably just never noticed it or had it before.

:hugs:

Helen1973
25-10-08, 23:34
I had similiar - it turned out to be cervical erosion, which is really common etc, and it can make you bleed after sex, bleed randomly and all that stuff, but its harmless! It could be loads of things, you know how complicated and weird female bodies can get, don't think its cancer immediately. Keep in touch with your GP, but I wouldnt worry yet <3..in my humble experience, you can see loads of terrible LOOKING stuff as a woman, but its usually fine, like really heavy bleeding? looks awful but is often just a hormonal blip or something.

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry, can I ask if you had watery discharge? As really watery.

I hope you don't mind me asking. Plus the exam done by the doctor suggested she didn't see anything other than that I have nabothian cysts--which I already knew and are benign. Also she was clear the blood came from the (I'm sorry I think she said) slit or opening to the womb and she said it would be the period (which hasn't come on or brown spotting since)

Kimmiepie- Thank you as well, the watery bit was on Thursday and I have't come on yet. Is it still possible what you describe?!

titch
25-10-08, 23:50
hey hun i had the brown discharge..i thought i had HIV!! but it turned out it was just down to my periods hun...try not too worry xx:bighug1:

AntiLove_SuperStar
26-10-08, 01:19
Yep, like just a trace of brown on toilet paper? there wasn't much of it but it was definitely there, and pretty thin/watery. I don't take baths (we don't have one! just showers for me lol) so I don't know about whether or not baths make it more noticeable.

kimmiepie
26-10-08, 02:20
Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry, can I ask if you had watery discharge? As really watery.

I hope you don't mind me asking. Plus the exam done by the doctor suggested she didn't see anything other than that I have nabothian cysts--which I already knew and are benign. Also she was clear the blood came from the (I'm sorry I think she said) slit or opening to the womb and she said it would be the period (which hasn't come on or brown spotting since)

Kimmiepie- Thank you as well, the watery bit was on Thursday and I have't come on yet. Is it still possible what you describe?!

Yes absolutely it's still possible. According to my book it usually occurs anywhere from a week before you start. It can be earlier in some women though. It is also possible to experience brown spotting/even bleeding from ovulation. Ovulation causes a watery "discharge" which means you are very fertile when it occurs...and sometimes blood or brown blood is seen as well. All completely normal. :)

Helen1973
26-10-08, 13:43
Yes absolutely it's still possible. According to my book it usually occurs anywhere from a week before you start. It can be earlier in some women though. It is also possible to experience brown spotting/even bleeding from ovulation. Ovulation causes a watery "discharge" which means you are very fertile when it occurs...and sometimes blood or brown blood is seen as well. All completely normal. :)

Thank you, kimmiepie:hugs: You've been a big help!

crunchie01
26-10-08, 14:17
hi

i get watery discharge about a week before i come on and it is really watery and sometimes its quite a lot, i know my period is not far off when i get this. hope this helps

Helen1973
26-10-08, 20:36
hi

i get watery discharge about a week before i come on and it is really watery and sometimes its quite a lot, i know my period is not far off when i get this. hope this helps

Thank you, Jennie. It does! Can I as if you get this more than once before your period actually arrives, and does it ever include spotting? Sorry to be a pest.:hugs: